Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Boxer Ever

chosen.one said:
Sugar Ray Robinson!
The reason there is a pound for pound is because of him. By far the best pound for pound fighter ever! Henry Armstrong, Pernell Whitaker and Marvin Hagler are up there too.

I have tons of respect for Jack Johnson and Ali, but I have to give it to guys who are more conventional (Pernell not as much). Johnson was so damn tough and Ali so quick, with great reflexes that they overcame the fact that their styles defied and almost ignored boxing principles.

Marvin Hagler
Ali
Tyson

Reactions: Rex
Marciano, hands down, the man never lost, ever. I believe he was 49-0. When no one can beat you ever that makes you the best. Ali lost 2-3 times, thats not perfection. As for tyson the fucking guy only beat has beens, and never will be's. He struggled with Holyfield and couldn't beat Lewis. He may have had the most devasting punch since Foreman but if you can't beat credible opponents it doesn't mean shit.

little chris said:
Marciano, hands down, the man never lost, ever. I believe he was 49-0. When no one can beat you ever that makes you the best. Ali lost 2-3 times, thats not perfection. As for tyson the fucking guy only beat has beens, and never will be's. He struggled with Holyfield and couldn't beat Lewis. He may have had the most devasting punch since Foreman but if you can't beat credible opponents it doesn't mean shit.

Marciano caught Joe Louis after he came out of retirement. Marciano was good but everyone knows his record is overrated.

Haha, Ali lost to Joe Frazier, Ken Norton, Leon Spinks and Larry Holmes.

He was quite old and Parkinson's was already affecting him in the Holmes and Spinks fights.

As for the others now... He lost to Ken Norton. His jaw was in pieces after the 4th round and fought untill the 11th! I wouldn't really consider it a loss, just an unlucky punch.

He then did get cleaned up by Frazier and came back to beat him twice after that. He was older than Frazier too. Keep in mind the three best years of a fighters life were taken away from Ali. He came back but it was when he lost his only 2 fights when he was in good shape. All of the others late in his career were for show and no one thought he would win. He just never knew when to leave the ring unlik Marciano.

Marciano was a great fighter slow flat footed he would just put his head on your chest and pound away he admitted most fighters he fought had better skills than him so he just out trained them. As the best pound 4 pound he is not even in the top 10. If you ask 100 boxing writers who is the best pound 4 pound 90 of them would say Sugar Ray Robinson Ali always said Sugar Ray was the best and he copied his style from him. The reason there is a pound 4 pound is because of him.

Tyson wasn't the best, I'll admit that right away. I do however think he was the best to look at, in his days. He was very agressive and had a great punch, I loved watching his fights. Tyson was like a pitbull, always attacking. No dancing around people, just hitting them. I like close range fights, Tyson always gets in close.

He should have retired a long time ago. Now I'm stuck with the images of Tyson being KO'd :)

Top Bottom