Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Boxer Ever

RDJ said:
True. I have the same problem in my boxing school. I'm short. So if cannot hit them since I'm out of reach, but they can hit me. If I come closer I can hit them, but that makes me vulnerable because they're all better than me (I'm a beginner). So I got quite a few punches in the face, mostly left hooks when I got too close. But my defence improves and I also gave a few jab/directs. Oh well, my lip is swollen and my left eye got a little smaller but atleast there's progress.
I used to box, and I'm a short bastard. When you learn to use head movement while closing the distance between yourself and your opponent, you may have a lot more success. Many taller fighters do not bend at the waist well, so their height advantage works only when you are far enough away from them. Whatever drills you do for stepping toward an opponent, practice those like your life depended on it. You need to be able to move faster forward than he can move backward or sideways.
Also, I can slip my head out of the way of a fighter with longer arms easier, you get a fraction of a second more time to react.
I'm not saying shorter is better, if two guys are EVENLY skilled, and one is taller, that's an advantage. But if you develop your game enough, you can void that height out, and use it to YOUR advantage.
Not to hijack the thread, I'm adding Floyd Mayweather in. Good call Bruce.

Top Bottom