Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Best Boxer Ever

The Shadow said:
Jones Jr in his prime

I also think Hopkins and Ray Leonard is/was special

I think Hopkins will lose to Jermain Taylor. Taylor is nasty. Been watching all his fights that have been televised and he is amazingly fast and accurate. Hopkins is done.

Not many people know this but Hopkins lost his first fight, hard work can pay off.

Vicious cycle said:
Jack Johnson! No question about it. Ali even said in a interview that Johnson was the greatest ever.

http://www.famoustexans.com/jackjohnson.htm

I'm not sure why people think Ali was so great. I think it's more myth and urban legend.

Yeah, if Ali did say that, then it was most likely because he was the first African American Heavyweight Champ ever.

Plus if you remember Ali said he was the greatest ever all the time.

'I shook up the world! I'm 22 years old and I'm the Heavyweight Champion of the world! I don't got a mark on my face! I must be the greatest! I shook up the world!'

eat big said:
I think Hopkins will lose to Jermain Taylor. Taylor is nasty. Been watching all his fights that have been televised and he is amazingly fast and accurate. Hopkins is done.

Not many people know this but Hopkins lost his first fight, hard work can pay off.

I like Taylor, he's from my area and he's a good guy in addition to being a hell of a fighter. I also liked Tommy Morrison, he was also a local guy that I knew personally, I hated watching him self destruct, he could have been so much better. Taylor will beat Hopkins

Breeze said:
I like Taylor, he's from my area and he's a good guy in addition to being a hell of a fighter. I also liked Tommy Morrison, he was also a local guy that I knew personally, I hated watching him self destruct, he could have been so much better. Taylor will beat Hopkins

Finally, someone who knows who Jermain Taylor is! Your from Mid-West? I saw Taylor beat Bunema. He destroyed him. He destroyed Joppy and everyone else. He really is very good. If he can get Hopkins out of his element by fighting at a faster speed off of Hopkins' pace, Hopkins is done.

Vicious cycle said:
I have and IMHO it's more myth and urban legend. He has my vote for greatest showmen, but that's a far cry from greatest boxer ever.

Not necessarily at all. I think he was so damn good that he COULD show off. He would mock people in the ring and make fun of them because they could not catch him. He would willingly use his left jab while dancing and no one could stop him. He was so good that he could beat so many of his opponents so badly but not knock them out untill he wanted to. I remember when Terrell and Patterson called him by his old name of Clay and he purposely kept them around so he could beat them while saying: Whats my name? Whats my name?. So if you have watched his fights against two time Heavyweight Champion Floyd Patterson you will see that he was talking shit, showing off and destroying him all at the same time.

Ray Leonard
Ali
Holyfield

I'd love to see a Holyfield Ali fight, both in their primes.

Honorable mention goes to Foreman, he may be a joke nowadays but he was a tank back in the 70's.

Code said:
Ray Leonard
Ali
Holyfield

I'd love to see a Holyfield Ali fight, both in their primes.

Honorable mention goes to Foreman, he may be a joke nowadays but he was a tank back in the 70's.

Surely would be better than Tyson vs. Ali.

Top Bottom