Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Beginner Creatine Question

bitz025

Just starting the loading phase, when i start maintence when should i take my creatine? Pre or Post workout?
thanx

I usually take a bit more then they suggest so I take it in the morning upon awakining and post workout with some carbs.

Creatine should be taken post workout along with a good amount of high GI carbs. Post workout you should be ingesting fast acting carbohydrates anyway to replenish muscle glycogen. Post workout is the "golden hour". Muscle cells are incredibly sensitive and basically begging for nutrients. Protein to repair damage and carbs to replenish needed energy for work and hypertrophy. By consuming high GI carbs at this time you will release a large burst of insulin into the blood. This will clear the glucose out of the blood and shuttle it into the sensitive muscle cells with a far les chance of it being stored in adipose tissue. The benifit of the insulin spike in regards to creatine in better uptake of the creatine by the muscle. Insulin is very benificila in shutteling creatine into the muscles. If taken on an empty shomach with water there will be no insulin to mobilize the creating into the muscles. It can be taken at other times besides post workout but it should be with a high GI carb to induce and insulin reaction to transport the creatine in a most efficient manner. Post workout, however, is the optimal time as the muscle are so sensitive and nutrient uptake is so efficient.

take it right after your workout before you have eaten anything.....is it just pure creatine powder?with nothing else in it? take with grape juice or some juice with lots of sugar. then follow up with some protein about 30 minutes or so after....then for the next 2 hours eat as much as you can possible swallow

Top Bottom