Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Australian girl facing Indoneisan death sentence for POT

MattTheSkywalker said:
Boring. But at least you didn't post crap that time. For that I thank you.

In other news, the repressive nature of Islamic law is the underpinning of much of what I referred to as "backwardness".

I still like you, even if you hang with baboons.

I don't hang out with gambino.

Gambino said:
bluepeter 0 mattheskywalker 400

lol, nah...he's actually got some good points, and many of his threads are worth reading.

The thing that pisses me off is when people say "Well, it's their country, they can make whatever laws they want".

As if all sovereignty is the same.

As if a quasi-democratic heavily religious country can make whatever laws they want, without a representative legislative process, and expect to have any credibility.

As an aside, that's why the UN is such a joke; dictatorships and theocracies stand aside democracies in the same forum.

This case is the logical equivalent of saying "it's OK if North Korea executes political prisoners". Fuck no it isn't. And fuck no it is not OK for these pigdog Asians to execute this person...or even convict when you have the chief of police saying he has never seen importation of pot into Bali before.

This girl's sister lives there - do you think she knows the rules? She has more than she can smoke, she can't sell it, and probably could not have afforded it in the first place. But hey, it's their country.

Killing someone for importing drugs is wrong, especially when the case is so bizarre and the proceedings are so "irregular". I know some US lawmakers called for this sort of nonsense...they were wrong too, and our democratically elected legislators did not adopt it.

From human rights watch:

Indonesia held national elections in April, July, and September 2004 resulting in a new parliament and new president. While Indonesia’s first ever direct presidential election marked another step toward full democratization, significant barriers to rule of law and human rights remain in place.

Pressing human rights concerns include the resurgent power of the military in social and political affairs, ongoing impunity of security forces responsible for atrocities, abuses associated with armed conflict in Aceh province, repression in Papua, and disturbing signs of a return to intimidation of the press and criminalization of dissent.

Indonesia < US
Indonesia < any western country with a democratic government.

Watching this happen and saying "this is OK, it's their country" is just plain silly. That - more than anything else - the sheer apathy of people - is annoying. The inaction to date of Australia's government, especially after the provision of tsunami aid, is disgraceful.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Thank you for ignoring my points about

She couldn't smoke it all AND she couldn't sell it AT ALL.

It has been nice talking to you.

Hey...if you can do it...so can I.

Wait...I didn't ignore your points...I addressed them. People take EXCESS when they go on vacations. WHY an idiot would take THAT much...who knows. But as I stated earlier...people would rather take their own illegal substances rather than buy from someone that they don't know in a foreign country. I have quite a lot of experience with international travel...

Couldn't smoke it all...you are probably right.
Couldn't sell it AT ALL? Really...like when people buy test for 50 cents and sell it for 25 dollars...impossible...right?

B True

Last edited:
b fold the truth said:

Wait...I didn't ignore your points...I addressed them. People take EXCESS when they go on vacations. WHY an idiot would take THAT much...who knows. But as I stated earlier...people would rather take their own illegal substances rather than buy from someone that they don't know in a foreign country. I have quite a lot of experience with international travel...

Couldn't sell it AT ALL? Really...like when people buy test for 50 cents and sell it for 25 dollars...impossible...right?

Bitter, bitter man.

B True

lol "Excess". Do you know how much weed 9 pounds is?

Pot is much cheaper in Bali than in Australia. Would you buy test for 25 dollars and sell it for 50 cents?

That's what's going on here.

LoneTree said:
I knew a heroin drug dealer in another country.
He commonly used European women to smuggle out heroin.
He even offered me to hide heroin in the bindings of my books. I said thanks, but no thanks.
Several times I have seen European and African women being busted at international airports. To me it's nothing new: just greed.
'Someone else put it in my baggage' is the most common excuse.
Every country has different laws. We still have death penalty. European union has abolished death penalty.

Just Greed? Smuggling marijuana into Bali that has substantially lower prices, brilliant analysis. I too have known smugglers including myself, so spare me I have a friend bullshit. If I wanted to screw someone I could easily, realy easily and fuck this "whats the motivation" stupid question. People do evil things every day, not to mention a corrupt government looking to make examples out of people. The likeliest scenario is the planting of the drugs on a sympathetic person to make an example out of her to send a message. The harsh punishment is needed they say for that very reason. From the President to the Police to the Prosecutors, they want/need an example. Well they found one, if you trust these islamic governments then you are a fool.

b fold the truth said:

Bitter, bitter man.

B True

God, you really a moron, its reverse, its like taking test for 25dollars and going to mexico and selling it for three dollars. Get it straight for fucksake, its buy low sell high, not buy high sell low.
And probably right about couldnt smoke it all. Its four fucking kilos, you obviously have no understanding of the metric system, you dont smoke 9pounds of marijuana on a boogie boarding vacation.
You sound like a real expert on international travel, perhaps you should become a smuggler, you could lose all your money by buying high and selling low.

bluepeter said:
Have you passed that literacy test yet?

Have you? Your debate points are off topic and meaningless that arent based on accepted information, your views on criminal sociology are ridiculous and you seem to lack all knowledge of other cultures save for what you may have heard someone parrot. I suggest actually reading rather than pulling your arguments out of your ass, they are nebulous and an even average debater wouldnt pull in the US into a completely different discussion, trying to turn every discussion on a bash the US cause leaves you looking ignorant. So you dont like the US, yeah, we get it, now keep your peebrain back on the discussion of the case and merits. You argue like an ignorant girlfriend.

Top Bottom