Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Australian girl facing Indoneisan death sentence for POT

Eringobraugh said:
Have you? Your debate points are off topic and meaningless that arent based on accepted information, your views on criminal sociology are ridiculous and you seem to lack all knowledge of other cultures save for what you may have heard someone parrot. I suggest actually reading rather than pulling your arguments out of your ass, they are nebulous and an even average debater wouldnt pull in the US into a completely different discussion, trying to turn every discussion on a bash the US cause leaves you looking ignorant. So you dont like the US, yeah, we get it, now keep your peebrain back on the discussion of the case and merits. You argue like an ignorant girlfriend.

Who the hell is talking to your stupid ass? You want to engage in debate? Try using some intelligent language and keeping the 3rd grade insults on the sidelines. I would also suggest a little something called corroboration. If you are going to write a useless paragraph to everyone on this thread you disagree with pathetically attempting to denigrate their point, back it up Mary.

The irony in you calling anyone ignorant is astounding.

vinylgroover said:
It has been big news here for the last few months and continues to be.

Just to give you an Australian perspective;

One of the key lines that the defence has been pursuing is that Schapelle Corby was the victim of a drug smuggling racket involving baggage handlers and airport staff at Australian airports.

It has been discovered that baggage handlers and other airport staff involved in the rackett send drugs to each other by inserting the drugs into the baggage of passengers at one airport and intercepting the drugs at the destination airport. In this case, Scahpelle Corby flew from Brisbane to Sydney and then to Bali and that the drugs were inserted into her bag in Brisbane, but that the interception didn't take place as planned in Sydney, and that the drugs stayed in her bag and subsequently went on to Bali.

The Australian Federal Police have known that such a rackett has existed at airports in Australia for some time and there is plenty of anecdotal evidence in existence which has been reported by the media that suggests it does happen.

Further investigations by the local media have revealed that security measures in and around baggage and other areas on various Australian Airports are quite loose and that Baggage handlers have almost unfettered access to come and go as they please.

I've read the same. However, I have also read that this evidence cannot be introduced at trial, but only on appeal.

In other news, I read this gem "Judge Linton Sirait estimates he has presided over hundreds of drug cases, and none of the offenders has ever been freed."

It would be a miracle if this girl is acquitted. For what it is worth, the judge is a Christian.

MattTheSkywalker said:
I've read the same. However, I have also read that this evidence cannot be introduced at trial, but only on appeal.

In other news, I read this gem "Judge Linton Sirait estimates he has presided over hundreds of drug cases, and none of the offenders has ever been freed."

It would be a miracle if this girl is acquitted. For what it is worth, the judge is a Christian.

Any idea why they will not let it be introduced? Do they consider it speculation and not "evidence"? My only knowledge of legal procedures comes from watching lots of Law and Order...haaaaa.

B True

b fold the truth said:
Any idea why they will not let it be introduced? Do they consider it speculation and not "evidence"? My only knowledge of legal procedures comes from watching lots of Law and Order...haaaaa.

B True

Well, predictably, there was some evidence bungling early on, and this "evidence" was introduced too late. It can be raised on appeal.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Well, predictably, there was some evidence bungling early on, and this "evidence" was introduced too late. It can be raised on appeal.

That is nuts man...I'd think that if there was evidence...it should be allowed. Is this the lawyer's fault or the court's corruption?

B True

b fold the truth said:
That is nuts man...I'd think that if there was evidence...it should be allowed. Is this the lawyer's fault or the court's corruption?

B True

Hard to say, there is plenty of corruption. I think that as the case became a larger spectacle, more info was unearthed, and the time period to introduce that evidence had passed.

I really cannot imagine this girl is guilty.

I can't believe the Australian government is doing nothing to help her. Shit, I can't believe every nation in the free world is going to sit by and let this happen.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Hard to say, there is plenty of corruption. I think that as the case became a larger spectacle, more info was unearthed, and the time period to introduce that evidence had passed.

I really cannot imagine this girl is guilty.

If the case is that she is innocent and the guilt really lies in the Australian airport system...if they helped her it might be like the government in Australia is accepting the blame and recognizing the corruption? Hence...they just might let the blame fall on her?

If that is the case, of course.

B True

b fold the truth said:
If the case is that she is innocent and the guilt really lies in the Australian airport system...if they helped her it might be like the government in Australia is accepting the blame and recognizing the corruption? Hence...they just might let the blame fall on her?

If that is the case, of course.

B True

Your first paragraph: maybe.

I just cannot fathom that she actually did this. It just doesn't add up...we already discussed economic reasons, but if you were trying to smuggle, wouldn't you TRY to hide the shit? Try to mask the odor?

I just don't imagine she is guilty. I can't see it. If Australia does not take a harder line on this, it would be shameful.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Your first paragraph: maybe.

I just cannot fathom that she actually did this. It just doesn't add up...we already discussed economic reasons, but if you were trying to smuggle, wouldn't you TRY to hide the shit? Try to mask the odor?

I just don't imagine she is guilty. I can't see it. If Australia does not take a harder line on this, it would be shameful.

I wouldn't know WHAT to do with an ounch of the stuff...much less 4+ kilos...lol. I got stuck behind Mohammad the other day at the Post Office as his Nikey (yes...just like that) bag arrived as a "parcel". It had lots of clothes in it and a bunch of animal pharmaceuticals in the bottom.

At that point I was glad that I knew a lot of people at the post office that day.

B True

Top Bottom