Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Australian girl facing Indoneisan death sentence for POT

Razorguns said:
She was CAUGHT with the pot. Red-handed. She had a trial. She was found GUILTY in their court of law.

is this true? my search for articles on the case didn't come up with anything which indicated that she had already been tried and found guilty. i would like confirmation on this.

Eringobraugh said:
Just Greed? Smuggling marijuana into Bali that has substantially lower prices, brilliant analysis. I too have known smugglers including myself, so spare me I have a friend bullshit. If I wanted to screw someone I could easily, realy easily and fuck this "whats the motivation" stupid question. People do evil things every day, not to mention a corrupt government looking to make examples out of people. The likeliest scenario is the planting of the drugs on a sympathetic person to make an example out of her to send a message. The harsh punishment is needed they say for that very reason. From the President to the Police to the Prosecutors, they want/need an example. Well they found one, if you trust these islamic governments then you are a fool.
You are calling me a lier? F you.
Yeh, she was making a political statement by carrying more than 4 kilo of weed.
If it had been an Asian or African man, you would have raised a finger.
There are many non-Islamic country that have similar laws about drugs.
It is called 'no-tolerance' policies.
Do you know anything about 'no-tolerance' policies about drugs and weapons in American schools?
Have some knowledge. That does not need too much inteligence.

It has been big news here for the last few months and continues to be.

Just to give you an Australian perspective;

One of the key lines that the defence has been pursuing is that Schapelle Corby was the victim of a drug smuggling racket involving baggage handlers and airport staff at Australian airports.

It has been discovered that baggage handlers and other airport staff involved in the rackett send drugs to each other by inserting the drugs into the baggage of passengers at one airport and intercepting the drugs at the destination airport. In this case, Scahpelle Corby flew from Brisbane to Sydney and then to Bali and that the drugs were inserted into her bag in Brisbane, but that the interception didn't take place as planned in Sydney, and that the drugs stayed in her bag and subsequently went on to Bali.

The Australian Federal Police have known that such a rackett has existed at airports in Australia for some time and there is plenty of anecdotal evidence in existence which has been reported by the media that suggests it does happen.

Further investigations by the local media have revealed that security measures in and around baggage and other areas on various Australian Airports are quite loose and that Baggage handlers have almost unfettered access to come and go as they please.

Oh yes, she IS hot!

http://www.usp.com.au/fpss/case-schapelle_corby.html

And i just noticed -- she hasn't been found guilty yet. I will assume they have to do their mandatory court trial due to the arrest, and hopefuly common sense and the true facts about the case will prevail.

So let's just give Bali the benefit of the doubt. If she did the same thing her -- she'd be charged just as well. Not to mention, being a Non-US Citizen, she'd be sitting in some crappy immigration jail with 5000 mexicans for months til her case would be heard.

We're not all that much different here either. Except we don't shoot people over it. :)

MattTheSkywalker said:
lol "Excess". Do you know how much weed 9 pounds is?

Pot is much cheaper in Bali than in Australia. Would you buy test for 25 dollars and sell it for 50 cents?

That's what's going on here.

Of course I see your point(s) but I also see my own.

I have never seen 9 pounds of weed before. I DO understand that it is A LOT. What I still cannot understand is how SOMEONE managed to get this large amount of stuff IN her bag without her knowing it. Seriously... Everyone seems to be talking about how LARGE the amount it is and how imporbably it was the she was bringing it INTO this country...yet they don't consider how on Earth anyone else could have gotten said large amount into her bag. THAT is what puzzles the heck out of me.

I understand that pot is much cheaper in Bali than Australia and nobody in their right mind would buy at 25 dollars and sell at 50 cents. Some people WOULD purchase at a much higher price than "normal", though, if it meant purchasing from a friend that they knew (or someone from the same country on Holiday) than from a pharmacy/someone on the street. I've seen it done TOOOOO many times.

Another thing to consider...is it POSSIBLE that she grew her own in Australia? Just a thought...

B True

b fold the truth said:
Another thing to consider...is it POSSIBLE that she grew her own in Australia? Just a thought...
B True

I like the inference that she couldn't possibly have done it .. cuz she's a cute white girl from Australia.

What if she was a poor black girl coming in from Jamaica?

Their over-zealous, fanatic-religious draconian justice system is a hallmark of everything that is wrong with islamic backward countries -- but let's see how the trial carries out. Personally i doubt she'll receive a death penalty if i were a bettin' man.

Eringobraugh said:
God, you really a moron, its reverse, its like taking test for 25dollars and going to mexico and selling it for three dollars. Get it straight for fucksake, its buy low sell high, not buy high sell low.
And probably right about couldnt smoke it all. Its four fucking kilos, you obviously have no understanding of the metric system, you dont smoke 9pounds of marijuana on a boogie boarding vacation.
You sound like a real expert on international travel, perhaps you should become a smuggler, you could lose all your money by buying high and selling low.

Thanks for the name calling.

No understanding of the metric system....ok. I only live in Europe. I drive in kilometers, things all weigh in kilos, and drinks come in liters.

I have done lots of international traveling. Over the past year I've been to:
Poland
Germany
LOTS of Greek islands
Greece
Amsterdam
Hungary
C Republic
Austria
Serbia
etc...

Still...like I just posted to Matt...people on Holidays would much rather buy from someone of the same nationality or a friend rather than at a pharmacy or someone off the street...especially when dealing with something illegal.

B True

TheOak01 said:
wow,that poor girl dont deserve death over pot,fuck
I couldnt agree more.In my opinion she is clearly innocent and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and incredibly unlucky.Why would any sane person purchase 4kg in ausralia when the going rate would be 20 to 30k and risk death by importing it to a country where the same amount can be bought for $100.If you were stupid enough you'd improvise a little and find a better way to conceal it.Even if she was guilty she does not deserve to be executed and life in prison is nearly as absurd.As she claims the only thing she is guilty of is not locking her bag.An australian inmate serving time for unrelated offences has testified saying he knows the people resposible and indonesian prosecuters didnt want to here about it.She has no financial support from australian goverment and is living in appalling conditions.She has suffered enough and should be sent home.Not even a jury is permitted.If she does manage to be aquitted she should sue the backside of the airline companies or persons responsible for airport security.They have an obligation to ensure their passengers and luggage arrives to the destination in a safe manour.We have provided large financial aid to indonesia and should be given some slack in return.Our priminister is gutless and more concearned in keeping on good terms with indonesian politicians rather than stick its neck out for one of their own people.On the other hand concearning the 9 aussies arrested for herion I am not as compassionate.Although some of them are young and it is a high price to pay they should be punished.Herion is a nasty drug and if any one is dumb or greedy enough to attempt what they did after knowing what Shapelle is going through over weed only has themselves to blame.It really frightens me to think how easy your life can change in a blink of an eye.I dont think I will be ever visiting indonesia if thats what can happen to you,fuck that.

vinylgroover said:
It has been big news here for the last few months and continues to be.

Just to give you an Australian perspective;

One of the key lines that the defence has been pursuing is that Schapelle Corby was the victim of a drug smuggling racket involving baggage handlers and airport staff at Australian airports.

It has been discovered that baggage handlers and other airport staff involved in the rackett send drugs to each other by inserting the drugs into the baggage of passengers at one airport and intercepting the drugs at the destination airport. In this case, Scahpelle Corby flew from Brisbane to Sydney and then to Bali and that the drugs were inserted into her bag in Brisbane, but that the interception didn't take place as planned in Sydney, and that the drugs stayed in her bag and subsequently went on to Bali.

The Australian Federal Police have known that such a rackett has existed at airports in Australia for some time and there is plenty of anecdotal evidence in existence which has been reported by the media that suggests it does happen.

Further investigations by the local media have revealed that security measures in and around baggage and other areas on various Australian Airports are quite loose and that Baggage handlers have almost unfettered access to come and go as they please.

Thanks for posting this...

Pretty crazy if it is true...

B True

Top Bottom