Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Australian girl facing Indoneisan death sentence for POT

bluepeter said:
If she's not guilty killing her would quite obviously be a travesty. As if such travesties do not happen in the West :rolleyes: There has never been an innocent person executed in the US?

If she is, then she must abide by the laws of that country. While I may not agree with the punishments they mete out, there is something to be said for their crime rate.

Indonesia is one of the most corrupt places on Earth. The crime rate is off the charts.

Singapore is similar, though without the overlaying harshness of Islamic nonsense. But naive westerners see the only part of the news as this idiot kid getting caned or some big fine for spitting or chewing gum, not the sheer backwardness that these countries (especially Indonesia) represent.

Singapore is becoming more modern by developing itself as an Asia shipping center, and in doing so has to become much more tolerant of western ways to attract top talent.

In short, don't believe the hype on crime.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Indonesia is one of the most corrupt places on Earth. The crime rate is off the charts.

Singapore is similar, though without the overlaying harshness of Islamic nonsense. But naive westerners see the only part of the news as this idiot kid getting caned or some big fine for spitting or chewing gum, not the sheer backwardness that these countries (especially Indonesia) represent.

Singapore is becoming more modern by developing itself as an Asia shipping center, and in doing so has to become much more tolerant of western ways to attract top talent.

In short, don't believe the hype on crime.

I don't believe corruption and bribery is included in US crime rates either ;)

bluepeter said:
I don't believe corruption and bribery is included in US crime rates either ;)

I don't believe two wrongs make a right.

MattTheSkywalker said:
I don't believe two wrongs make a right.

No they don't but your comment about the hype on such countries crime rates warranted the response. The fact is the crime rates are non-existent when speaking of the crimes we find familiar i.e. murder, drugs, assault, theft blah blah.

Anyway, I'll take the freedom and the low crime rate. Best of both worlds :)

How on EARTH does someone put THAT much weed in your bag without you knowing it?????

I travel A LOT internationally and NEVER let my bags leave my sight. I keep them closed at all times and NOBODY touches them but me and my wife. Most non-US airports offer a service of shrink wrapping your suitcases as you walk in the door to ensure it's safety.

The chances of her being innocent..are slim IMO.

She took the chance and broke the law and got caught. It IS the law there that she be put to death...

I just came from Serbia where you can walk into a pharmacy and pick up amps of sust 250 for 50-60 cents each and test cyp 250 for 40 cents each. Did I even THINK about it? No!!!! Why??? Because it is ILLEGAL here in Cyprus to bring it across the borders and I'd go to JAIL!!!

B True

What a bitch country. Big deal, my friend in high school who started dealing in 8th grade dumped out more than that out of his gymbag on my kitchen table. Good day. Guess she shoulda known why she was being paid so much.

b fold the truth said:
How on EARTH does someone put THAT much weed in your bag without you knowing it?????

I travel A LOT internationally and NEVER let my bags leave my sight. I keep them closed at all times and NOBODY touches them but me and my wife. Most non-US airports offer a service of shrink wrapping your suitcases as you walk in the door to ensure it's safety.

The chances of her being innocent..are slim IMO.

She took the chance and broke the law and got caught. It IS the law there that she be put to death...

I just came from Serbia where you can walk into a pharmacy and pick up amps of sust 250 for 50-60 cents each and test cyp 250 for 40 cents each. Did I even THINK about it? No!!!! Why??? Because it is ILLEGAL here in Cyprus to bring it across the borders and I'd go to JAIL!!!

B True

yes I understand this concept, wrong country,etc. Read jackangles post over, is possessing a plant worth taking a human life over? come on now...

Gambino said:
yes I understand this concept, wrong country,etc. Read jackangles post over, is possessing a plant worth taking a human life over? come on now...

But there is a written law that says "if you come to this country and bring this plant with you, we will kill you."

Right or wrong...she CHOSE to come to that country and I believe that she brought the said plant with her. If there was a law here that said if I broke the speed limit by 1 kilometer per hour I'd be shot to death on the spot...I wouldn't be speeding either.

Not more than a couple weeks ago I watched on TV as the Afghanistan government officials threw rocks at a married woman and her lover that she committed adutery with. Do I think that is right? No...but it IS the law.

B True

Top Bottom