Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Australian girl facing Indoneisan death sentence for POT

b fold the truth said:
But there is a written law that says "if you come to this country and bring this plant with you, we will kill you."

Right or wrong...she CHOSE to come to that country and I believe that she brought the said plant with her. If there was a law here that said if I broke the speed limit by 1 kilometer per hour I'd be shot to death on the spot...I wouldn't be speeding either.

Not more than a couple weeks ago I watched on TV as the Afghanistan government officials threw rocks at a married woman and her lover that she committed adutery with. Do I think that is right? No...but it IS the law.

B True

Do you REALLY think a student bought $36,000 worth of pot - too much for her and all of her friends to smoke in a MONTH, much less her short trip - to a place where the price is LOWER?

She couldn't afford it...but even if she could....

She couldn't smoke it all...AND

She couldn't sell it AT ALL

Does it seem like something is missing here?

Couple this with Indonesia's unwillingness to test her bags for fingerprints, and the likelihood she brought it decreases to almost zero, even before you consider their backward Islamic ways.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Do you REALLY think a student bought $36,000 worth of pot - too much for her and all of her friends to smoke in a MONTH, much less her short trip - to a place where the price is LOWER?

Couple this with Indonesia's unwillingness to test her bags for fingerprints, and the likelihood she brought it decreases to almost zero, even before you consider their backward Islamic ways.

Backward because you don't agree with them? Then I consider the US backward for allowing capital punishment amongst other things.

bluepeter said:
Backward because you don't agree with them? Then I consider the US backward for allowing capital punishment amongst other things.

No, backward because they "couldn't test the bag for fingerprints, because too many people had touched it" among other highly irregualr proceedings, and that when an inner bag was discovered to have not been touched by anyone, it was immediately handled by many Indonesian officials.

In a related story...

I don't know why you think that saying "yeah, well the US does this too" means that it is generally OK or that it undermines the points I am trying to make.

Maybe to the typical baboon you associate with, it does. Maybe the typical idiot American would read that and say "Indonesia is not that bad, and we are bad too". Again, two wrongs don't make a right, and the policies of the United States have nothing to do with this case.

This sort of relativism bullshit is exactly that, and it destroys the concept of right and wrong, as well as the idea of an individual. You're essentially saying that an individual (me) can't be correct in condemning something as WRONG because I am a member of a group that also does WRONG stuff.

This thought process reduces everything to its lowest base levels, and is really a tacit acceptance of the barbarism going on in Indonesia today.

I know youve been socialzied to death up there in Canda, and in many western countries, (including the US) the individual has become a slave to the whole.

But try, just this once, to offer an individual opinion. :rose:

MattTheSkywalker said:

A student. She is a 27 year old beauty school student...which I'd suggest is different from a 19 year old political science student. I knew lots of students in college who at age 19 could come up with A LOT of pot if it meant that they needed to (for whatever reason).

Just curious if you actually read all my post...about the part where she must have put her bags down somewhere and someone "somehow" got THAT much pot IN her bag without her seeing it.

I've known lots of people who travel to other countries with AAS. They travel with LARGE amounts ON them and sell them to other people. Like I said...in Serbia Sustanon is less than 60 cents an amp yet people will buy it from someone else that they trust at 10x that price because it is someone that they know instead of someone off the street or in a pharmacy. Stranger things have taken place. People have done dumber things.

She couldn't afford it? No proof of that. $36,000 worth of pot? What price is that actually? US urban prices? Indonesia prices? Australian prices? High dollar black market prices? Is that like when the US busts someone in the US for AAS dealing and they value an amp of test at $20 a bottle when it originally cost less than $1?

No, it doesn't all add up...on EITHER side.

B True

b fold the truth said:
A student. She is a 27 year old beauty school student...which I'd suggest is different from a 19 year old political science student. I knew lots of students in college who at age 19 could come up with A LOT of pot if it meant that they needed to (for whatever reason).

Just curious if you actually read all my post...about the part where she must have put her bags down somewhere and someone "somehow" got THAT much pot IN her bag without her seeing it.

I've known lots of people who travel to other countries with AAS. They travel with LARGE amounts ON them and sell them to other people. Like I said...in Serbia Sustanon is less than 60 cents an amp yet people will buy it from someone else that they trust at 10x that price because it is someone that they know instead of someone off the street or in a pharmacy. Stranger things have taken place. People have done dumber things.

She couldn't afford it? No proof of that. $36,000 worth of pot? What price is that actually? US urban prices? Indonesia prices? Australian prices? High dollar black market prices? Is that like when the US busts someone in the US for AAS dealing and they value an amp of test at $20 a bottle when it originally cost less than $1?

No, it doesn't all add up...on EITHER side.

B True

Thank you for ignoring my points about

She couldn't smoke it all AND she couldn't sell it AT ALL.

It has been nice talking to you.

MattTheSkywalker said:
No, backward because they "couldn't test the bag for fingerprints, because too many people had touched it" among other highly irregualr proceedings, and that when an inner bag was discovered to have not been touched by anyone, it was immediately handled by many Indonesian officials.

That has lots to do with Islam.

MattTheSkywalker said:
In a related story...

I don't know why you think that saying "yeah, well the US does this too" means that it is generally OK or that it undermines the points I am trying to make.

Nice paraphrasing. In response to your assertion that Indonesia's crime rate was not reflective, I stated that America's was not either.

That doesn't imply I think it's OK to kill someone for such a crime.

I then stated that innocent people are murdered in the US all the time.

That would be reflective of my views on capital punishment and does not imply my condoning Indonesia's actions either.

Still looking for where I indicated it was OK because the US does it too.

MattTheSkywalker said:
Maybe to the typical baboon you associate with, it does. Maybe the typical idiot American would read that and say "Indonesia is not that bad, and we are bad too". Again, two wrongs don't make a right, and the policies of the United States have nothing to do with this case.

You know who I am? No? Then don't grace us with your uninformed opinion about who I associate with.

Read above.

MattTheSkywalker said:
This sort of relativism bullshit is exactly that, and it destroys the concept of right and wrong, as well as the idea of an individual. You're essentially saying that an individual (me) can't be correct in condemning something as WRONG because I am a member of a group that also does WRONG stuff.

Let me quote myself since you keep repeating this:

Bluepeter said:
If she's not guilty killing her would quite obviously be a travesty.

Clear enough?

MattTheSkywalker said:
But try, just this once, to offer an individual opinion. :rose:

I offered an individual opinion and you couldn't refute it so instead offered up some BS about the hype around the crime rate in Indonesia. Let's backtrack since you've now retreated into JerseyArtisms of condescension and insults.

I do not know if she is guilty. If she is, suffer the consequences. If you don't agree with the laws, either don't violate them or don't go there.

If she is not, it is a travesty.

Eringobraugh said:
I wish I knew when your dumbass was going to take a trip to Indonesia so that I could put a stash in your bag.
I knew a heroin drug dealer in another country.
He commonly used European women to smuggle out heroin.
He even offered me to hide heroin in the bindings of my books. I said thanks, but no thanks.
Several times I have seen European and African women being busted at international airports. To me it's nothing new: just greed.
'Someone else put it in my baggage' is the most common excuse.
Every country has different laws. We still have death penalty. European union has abolished death penalty.

MattTheSkywalker said:

Irrelevant Irrelevant Irrelevant...

She was CAUGHT with the pot. Red-handed. She had a trial. She was found GUILTY in their court of law.

Maybe their court system made a mistake. Ours isn't perfect either. But i tell you this -- if she was pulled over here in the US with that pot -- she'd be found guilty too. Judges here don't buy young kids wild stories either.

But that's not the point.

They have the right to run their justice system the way they choose. But what we're dealing here with is CRUEL AND INHUMANE punishment.

The TAKING of someone's life, due to a crime that many of us easily, in the proper right vs wrong, civilized world .. all can agree does not validate it.

Now Australia, rightly, will raise hell about this -- but we, the rest of the democratic, civilized, free-thinkin' world should know about this, and vote our disgust for their actions through our own actions.

Not go there. Don't donate money. Pressure our government to impose travel bans. Tell them to fuck off. Whatever we can do through diplomatic, economic and media means.

I feel pretty good now for not donating an iota for that hurricaine tragedy. Bet you 10 bucks that government has plenty of billions lying around. I'll send money as soon as THEIR fascist cruel pathetic government has gone bankrupt _helping_ their people (yeah right).

bluepeter said:
That has lots to do with Islam.

If she is not, it is a travesty.

Boring. But at least you didn't post crap that time. For that I thank you.

In other news, the repressive nature of Islamic law is the underpinning of much of what I referred to as "backwardness".

I still like you, even if you hang with baboons.

Top Bottom