Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are there any men willing to admit they don't know the ins and out of football?

dballer said:

why does the pitcher have to stand on a mound??

why does the coach wear a uniform... I mean is Tommy Lasorta gonna go out and pinch hit??

Why does it even exist? Boooooooooooring.
Is there any rush? any ADRENALINE?

Bullit said:

Why does it even exist? Boooooooooooring.
Is there any rush? any ADRENALINE?

yeah.. when they find out that Canseco did roids!!!

lots of detective work there.

fuck baseball.. it is a game that America used to enkoy.. now it is a ticket for criminals who do not care for the game itself to get laid and make millions of dollars.

Sammy Sosa admits to boxing being his true love... fuck him.

Bring back players like Lou Gehrig, Sandy Cofax and Ty Cobb... who actually liked the game and not the money.

I was one of the bigger guys at my highschool, the coach there said I should have played football, I flat out told him I have no desire at all to play football or even watch a game on TV. I cant even remember the last time I watched a football game.

dballer said:

yeah.. when they find out that Canseco did roids!!!

lots of detective work there.

fuck baseball.. it is a game that America used to enkoy.. now it is a ticket for criminals who do not care for the game itself to get laid and make millions of dollars.

Sammy Sosa admits to boxing being his true love... fuck him.

Bring back players like Lou Gehrig, Sandy Cofax and Ty Cobb... who actually liked the game and not the money.

I totally agree. The multi-millions of dollars in baseball have turned the players into a bunch of primadonna's and momma's boys. I just totaly admire the incredible amount of different skills (hitting, catching, throwing) that an everday player has to maintain.

Baseball was really cool untill about 1980. Then it got all fucked up. Cant help myself though, I still have the love for the game that my grandfather (an ebbets field season ticket holder) instilled in me as a kid.

dballer said:

why does the pitcher have to stand on a mound??

why does the coach wear a uniform... I mean is Tommy Lasorta gonna go out and pinch hit??

The pitching mound helps increase the velocity of the pitch. They raised the mound in the late 60's and no one could hit a damn thing so they lowered it back to it's original height.

I think the manager wears a uniform because he (and the base coaches) go out onto the field unlike football and basketball. That's my theory anyway.

I used to not know the real ins and outs until I played a couple of years in college.

But I played CB and I still don't know it all by any means--it took me a while to figure out what a dive play was, and I know lots of O-linemen who don't know (and couldn't care less) the difference between combo and zebra coverages.

Hell even I couldn't get all the stunts our defense ran straight--all I had to know was cowboy and clown.

I would be hard pressed to explain the rules as far as who has to be up on the line and who has to be off--even the wide receivers forget sometimes and their teammates have to tell them to move up or back--you see that a couple times a game even in the pros.

So basically you have to be REALLY into it to know all the ins and outs. There are people who are plaid 00s of thousands a year who don't know much more than I do.

JC

the best sport is professional wrestling! ;)

j/k

I don't kow a dayamn thing about professional sports. the only sport I like is rally car racing. that takes real driving skills.

Bullit said:
I have no idea about football, baseball or basketball. I dont like team sports. I'm into shit like Downhill Mountain Biking and Snowboarding.

Hell yeah, and skiing...What type of bike you got?

Fast Twitch Fiber said:

The pitching mound helps increase the velocity of the pitch. They raised the mound in the late 60's and no one could hit a damn thing so they lowered it back to it's original height.

I think the manager wears a uniform because he (and the base coaches) go out onto the field unlike football and basketball. That's my theory anyway.

Football coaches wear a headset.. but they do go onto the field. The only sport where the coach/manager does not hit the playing field is hockey. Trust me.. I would not ask if there was a simple soulution.

Hockey is the last widley televised sport in America that has not been demonized... well it has.. but not to the degree of baseball and football.

basketball is and always be a joke IMHO.

dballer said:
I do not know much about it...

I guess there was always just somthing about a bunch of grown men running around in tights playing with balls... getting sweaty and rolling around on the ground together that just never appealed to me.

hahahha...

yes...but dballer, you must understand
that without organized team sports
as a society...

we will never cure cancer...

leave our solar system in manned space flight...

cure the common cold...

come up with a limitless energy source...

become immortal and ageless and disease-less...

i wish those fucking scientists would quit wasting
money and develope better basketball shoes...

that is what is important...:rolleyes:

Top Bottom