Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Americans rule at the Olympics.............

Robert Jan said:
lol. I think out of the dutch team only inge trains in the usa

The point is that a disproportional number of foreign athletes have benefited from training in the US versus US athletes training abroad. There's no reason to be defensive about it. The US just has lots of advantages when it comes to training athletes. Foreign rowers, basketball players, track and field athletes, and plenty more come here and go to US universities and benefit from high level NCAA competitive training. They can still go back home and represent their country and win, and the fact that they trained in the US doesn't take anything away from their skill, dedication, and national pride.

PIGEON-RAT said:
The point is that a disproportional number of foreign athletes have benefited from training in the US versus US athletes training abroad. There's no reason to be defensive about it. The US just has lots of advantages when it comes to training athletes. Foreign rowers, basketball players, track and field athletes, and plenty more come here and go to US universities and benefit from high level NCAA competitive training. They can still go back home and represent their country and win, and the fact that they trained in the US doesn't take anything away from their skill, dedication, and national pride.

My point exactly. RJ, I'll try & put a small list of prominent athletes together.

As a side note & to add to my point on coaching, just look at who's coaching the US gymnastics team.

Also, glad I didn't have money on the men's 100m. who would have thunk?

Here, just go through the bios of the sprinters & you'll find the most common characteristic to be college in Texas. Why? Coaching & year round training. All I'm saying is that the NCAA system produces a lot of the world's best athletes regardless of the person's place of birth.

http://www.athens2004.com/en/resultsAthletics/results?rsc=AT0000000

Last edited:
Top Bottom