Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Carb loading ?

buffchic69

Hi.

I'm curious, what exactly is carb loading ? Since I have changed my diet to lose some weight, I've noticed my muscles looking a little thin & stringy.
I still keep my protein high, calories lower, and carbs lower.

So what I'm asking is what does carb loading do to your muscles -

How do you do it ?
What benefit do you get from it ?
How often can it be done ?

Thanks ! :rainbow:

buffchic69 said:
Hi.

I'm curious, what exactly is carb loading ? Since I have changed my diet to lose some weight, I've noticed my muscles looking a little thin & stringy.
I still keep my protein high, calories lower, and carbs lower.

So what I'm asking is what does carb loading do to your muscles -

How do you do it ?
What benefit do you get from it ?
How often can it be done ?

Thanks ! :rainbow:

arent you trying to lose?

The Shadow said:
arent you trying to lose?

I want to lose a little weight yes, but I don't want the look of thin, stringy looking upper body muscles.

Unfortunately, I can't do any cardio for a while, so my weight loss will be on hold for now. But I still continue to lift heavy ( upper body )

So, if I want to lose a little, I have to deal with the thin, ugly looking shape to my muscles ?

Thanks !

losing fat and maintaining or gaining muslce are two different deals.

if you strip that fat and have poor muscle tone , you will generally look worse than b4 you lost the fat

The Shadow said:
losing fat and maintaining or gaining muslce are two different deals.

if you strip that fat and have poor muscle tone , you will generally look worse than b4 you lost the fat

I think I have good muscle built already, It took me over a year to build the muscle I currently have, sine I am a true ectomorph body type.

Is it possible to lose some fat, not a lot, while maintaining the muscle you currently have ? Basiclly, I weight 137 lbs. I want to get down to 125.
I hope that just a 12 lb. weight loss, won't ruin my muscles.

I don't think I will look worse after stripping the fat, I got pretty good muscle.

What do you suggest ????

buffchic69 said:
I think I have good muscle built already, It took me over a year to build the muscle I currently have, sine I am a true ectomorph body type.

Is it possible to lose some fat, not a lot, while maintaining the muscle you currently have ?

I don't think I will look worse after stripping the fat, I got pretty good muscle.

What do you suggest ????

go look at Skittles. Treilin and Bunny's progress threads...see what you think

Skittles, Treilin and Bunny are all members of EF and have their stats and progress posted in this forum. go to the top of the forum and click on the links to their logs to see what they're eating, how they're losing, etc.

You need to have your body fat% measured, then you need to calculate how much lean body mass you have. This in turn will tell you how many pounds your body is carrying in fat, and will tell you if it's realistic for you to lose 12 pounds of fat.

buffchic69 said:

Is it possible to lose some fat, not a lot, while maintaining the muscle you currently have ? Basiclly, I weight 137 lbs. I want to get down to 125.
I hope that just a 12 lb. weight loss, won't ruin my muscles.

What do you suggest ????

Yes it's possible, but everyone's body is different what works for 1 person may not necessarily work for another person.

You seem to be all for the place, and it's hard for someone to give you advice from your posts, is it possible for you to post up a few pics of yourself, so we can see what you're working with?

Top Bottom