Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who is Renting Kill Bill tonight?

Code said:
I'll wager the same number of people will rent it that saw it.

I hear that you didnt dig it but Kill Bill was, and still is, a popular movie.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- It was payback time for Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman at the box office as their vengeance saga "Kill Bill -- Vol. 1" opened in first place with $22.7 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

It opened on a "soft" weekend. Meaning no competition.

It tanked in terms of overall viewers when you break down number of screens to the number of viewers.

anya said:
I hear that you didnt dig it but Kill Bill was, and still is, a popular movie.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- It was payback time for Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman at the box office as their vengeance saga "Kill Bill -- Vol. 1" opened in first place with $22.7 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Razorguns said:
2 hours of violence and killing. Yeah, that takes creative genius to direct. I'll pass.
u have to admire the creative filming they used. if u haven't seen it u just wouldn't know.

Trantino's sequencing is played out, and stretched thin.

He used great unique direction in Pulp Fiction. But it's so over-played that doing that again makes his movies feel forced.

That movie sucked for 1 reason.....Vivica A Fox was in it for only a couple minutes, and then obviously had the drop on her and missed......bullshit. And no Hali Bary Monsters Ball sex scene with Vivica in it either!!!

They fucked up big time by signing on *3* movies at initial contract. Meaning to save money, and unless they want to pay Uma free money -- they have to make 3 movies.

they were just ASSUMING they'd be hits. And easier to just finish off 3 films while your'e already in production. That's how they filmed LOTR and Matrix. Saves studios lotsa bucks.

Only problem is!

If the first movie tanks-- you're SOOO fucked on the next ones, cuz they'll never do better, cuz even less people watch sequels then the first one.

Meaning, Kill Bill 3 will probably be straight to video!! lol.

Code said:
Nope, Top Five List of my favs are:
The Last Emperor
Shawshank Redemption
Monty Python's: The Holy Grail
The Devil's Advocate
Pulp Fiction

How could you like pulp fiction and not like kill bill? Quentin and Uma thought up the idea of kill bill while filming pulp fiction. Hell, the backstory of Uma's in pulp fiction about her fox force five brought life to the posse she is hunting down in kill bill. There are connections between these two movies as well as some of Tarantino's others. This is not meant to be a typical hollywood production. It is the most innovative combination of the several film genres that it pays homage to. You don't have to like it, but it is a cinematic masterpiece, regardless of what any detractors say.

Top Bottom