Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On the way home from work I could have been a good person

nordstrom said:
i see you traded down on that Saab.

They won't allow Saabs here or else I would have tried to get one.
All the men here drive bikes anyways, the women get the cars.
Our car is a total piece of shit - Suzuki Vitara - but here that is the equivalent to a relatively nice SUV in the States - maybe something along the lines of the boxy Jeep Cherokee. All cars here are tiny.

I love the Vespa - pretty good gas mileage too - 46mpg or something - I can go 2-4 weeks on $7 of gas (and that is with gas over $5 a gallon).

The Adverntures of ..

Turkey Man and Goobler boy!

Bermuda? i thought you were up with Coloncowboy and Nathan.

How can an 11hp scooter only get 46 mpg when a hyundai with a much stronger engine and a 1000 lb frame gets the same mileage. you'd assume the scooter would pust 100 mpg.

nordstrom said:
Bermuda? i thought you were up with Coloncowboy and Nathan.

How can an 11hp scooter only get 46 mpg when a hyundai with a much stronger engine and a 1000 lb frame gets the same mileage. you'd assume the scooter would pust 100 mpg.

Weight and torque - the Hyundai has more power/torque compared to its weight and therefore more easily overcomes the inertia.

Also, nearly all of my driving is stop and go.

That and I think the numbers are likely better than that, but that is what they rate it at. They don't list gas prices here, and I don't know how much my bike actually holds (could look it up).
I know that it costs about $9 to totally fill it up and I only have to get gas every 3 or 4 weeks.
I don't drive very far everday though - I live about a mile or two from where I work, and the gym is about a mile or two from where I live.

They could very much improve the bike if they used aluminum or titainum instead of steel to make the bike. Other companys use a steel frame and then put plastic parts on it - that gets the weight down, but looks like shit and breaks easily.
Also, the steel that is on it now rusts easily once the paint is chipped - which it is since my fiancee dropped it one day and also due to parking wear and tear around others.

If I were rich, I would try to get one just like mine done in aluminum or ti.
As it is now, with a full tank of gas it is near 300lbs.
Some off the 50cc rentals that I've used are crazy light - I would bet somewhere around 50-75lbs since they are pretty easy to lift - the Vespa is liftable, but it is tough.

So if a Hyundai even has a 100hp engine, it has nearly 10 times the power, but only 3 or 4 times times the weight.

When you see serious improvements in economy and speed is in the powerful bikes in the States - those have engines with much much more horsepower, yet weigh under 600lbs in total.

And nope, never lived in Canada - although I agree with their taxation policy on citizens that leave their country - then again, many countries have similar policies.
I think the States is the only one that taxes its citizens regardless of where in the world they live.

The Sun Devil said:
are u involeved with off shore banking? or sports gambling?

You aren't the first person to ask me that :)

I'm technically not directly involved with either of them, but you could argue that I am on the banking side right now (hedge fund stuff), but I have certainly looked into the gambling side before and am starting to look at that again.
I might be playing golf this weekend with a lawyer to discuss that - haven't heard back from the people yet to see if that is still on.

I don't have any sort of pull at all, but I it is all in who you know, and in that area I seem to be doing okay.

NoDaddyNo said:

You aren't the first person to ask me that :)

I'm technically not directly involved with either of them, but you could argue that I am on the banking side right now (hedge fund stuff), but I have certainly looked into the gambling side before and am starting to look at that again.
I might be playing golf this weekend with a lawyer to discuss that - haven't heard back from the people yet to see if that is still on.

I don't have any sort of pull at all, but I it is all in who you know, and in that area I seem to be doing okay.

o lol, and you dont like to go out side so this guy has to be involved in something. :) I want in. Golf is outside and it takes like 4-5 hours so get ready for a whole afternoon outside. :)

i am in the sports gambling world.....lets say, i am the house around here.

Top Bottom