Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Please help! How do I get a big neck?

PatBateman

Plez, I really need some advice. My neck is sorely lagging behind the rest of my body. I am ok size 5'9, 185, 12%bf and I have a damn 16" neck!!! Help!

If your gym doesn't have a neck machine, you can do bridges. They're a basic football and wrestling excercise for neck strength.

Start on your knees, head on the floor, hands on the floor for balance.. Stretch your neck by touching each ear to the floor, or get as close as you can.

After you stretch a while, get up on your toes and do the same thing, still using your hands for balance. This will take some time to get used to, but it's GREAT for your neck.

As you get better at it, do the same thing, but inverted. Start on your back, lift your torso up so your body is supported by your feet, hands, and head, forming a "bridge". Rotate your head while using your arms for balance. As your neck gets stronger, you'll use your arms less and less for support.

Be careful with these. No jerking motions, go very easy at first. Get your neck used to it. Go from there.

Do what i do. 4 exercises for the neck. I went from a 16 to an 18 inch neck.

front lifts - get a small towel and place a plate on it. lye down on the bench on your back. (make sure you're neck is hanging off the bench or you'll bottom out on it.) place the toweled plate on your forehead, hold in place with your free hand and lower your neck parallel to the floor and come back up for 20+ reps

Side lifts: lay on your side on the bench and place the toweled plate on the side of your head near the temple. hold with your free hand in place so it doesn't fall off and lower to parallel and come back up. (do that for your other side of the neck aswell)

Rear Lifts. Use a head strap that attaches weight to it. Look down at the floor and raise your head up. Or use the plate method for the back of your neck. Same principle as above.

You could go up to twice a week on neck. 2 sets should be all you need. The neck responds very quickly so you shouldn't need to do too much.

This has been the easiest but most important the most effective method for targeting all sections of the neck.

Good Luck with it.

Scaggs

i somehow grit my teeth and use my neck muscles in every lift. no need to do any extra work for me

i don't want a neck too much bigger...tshirt neck holes aren't made for big necks :(

i can fill up a medium tshirt pretty well...but the neck holes are always too small and the shirt has to ride up my neck and i think it looks weird. if i go to a large tshirt, it's all baggy because i have a relatively small frame (only 5'8"). i hate clothes that don't fit and they are hard to find.

Forearms and neck are the first two things that one sees as a mark of a bodybuilder. Unless ofcourse you're friggin huge. Either way, unless you're doing core moves that will work the neck, most lifters neglect the neck and then THEY look weird with a wide frame and a pencil neck. I see that all the time.

Scaggs

gymtime said:

Start on your knees, head on the floor, hands on the floor for balance. get as close as you can.

Be careful with these. No jerking motions, go very easy at first. Get your neck used to it. Go from there.
fucking pervert

Top Bottom