Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rofl.. i got challenged to a fight by a karate black belt

i lost the fight. but only because i forfeited during the fight. it turned into a slugfest. i landed some solid kicks on him, no punches. he got one punch in but threw like 300 wild ones. holy shit those are terrifying to defend. so basically 90 percent of the time, i went toe to toe with a black belt with 4 weeks of muay thai, 6 wks, but ive been out 2 due to a shoulder injury (more on that later). the shoulder has a ripped tendon (1 month prior) , but its been healing lately due to some therapy and light cardio. however, today i landed two take downs, but the first was SOOOOOOOOOOOO sloppy, i am soo ashamed, after i landed that TKD, he managed to escape my mount atempt. the 2nd take down went FAR better, however, the moment he crashed to the ground, i put one hand out to stop myself, and that hand happened to be my bad shoulder. and it popped out of its socket for a bit and tore the muscle again. so i stopped. funny thing is i was JSUT about to get mount to being the ground and pound. he knew it too, the black belt said that the last takedown went well and that he was about to be mounted for a ground and pound. but during the peak of my side of this fight, i stopped. halfway to mount, i stopped and said ," i cant, my shoulder just got blown". so ill give him the win: im a man.. i can deal with my loses. i am quite happy with my 4 wks of standup vs 8 yrs of karate. my only injury from this fight was a shoulder injury that i caused bymyself. whereas he got some huge ass bruises on his thighs courtesy of muay thai. well expect the video shortly so you can analyze it to your hearts content. as for me i gotta go get some more ice .

Yarg! said:
i lost the fight. but only because i forfeited during the fight. it turned into a slugfest. i landed some solid kicks on him, no punches. he got one punch in but threw like 300 wild ones. holy shit those are terrifying to defend. so basically 90 percent of the time, i went toe to toe with a black belt with 4 weeks of muay thai, 6 wks, but ive been out 2 due to a shoulder injury (more on that later). the shoulder has a ripped tendon (1 month prior) , but its been healing lately due to some therapy and light cardio. however, today i landed two take downs, but the first was SOOOOOOOOOOOO sloppy, i am soo ashamed, after i landed that TKD, he managed to escape my mount atempt. the 2nd take down went FAR better, however, the moment he crashed to the ground, i put one hand out to stop myself, and that hand happened to be my bad shoulder. and it popped out of its socket for a bit and tore the muscle again. so i stopped. funny thing is i was JSUT about to get mount to being the ground and pound. he knew it too, the black belt said that the last takedown went well and that he was about to be mounted for a ground and pound. but during the peak of my side of this fight, i stopped. halfway to mount, i stopped and said ," i cant, my shoulder just got blown". so ill give him the win: im a man.. i can deal with my loses. i am quite happy with my 4 wks of standup vs 8 yrs of karate. my only injury from this fight was a shoulder injury that i caused bymyself. whereas he got some huge ass bruises on his thighs courtesy of muay thai. well expect the video shortly so you can analyze it to your hearts content. as for me i gotta go get some more ice .

Good on 'ya Yarg for following through and giving all you had!!! By the sounds of it, I'd hardly call that a loss. Can't wait to see the video :)

No Contest-when injury happen not due to direct blow from an opponent, it is usually called a no contest, I would assume this in your case

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Yarg! again.

great job on the fight

trading punches w/ him was probably a bit silly but oh well good job..

i hope to see the vid soon

I would like to see the video too! Sounds like an interesting fight. Personally, I don't believe in belt systems... I train in traditional chinese martial arts. I believe the level of your ability is based on how much and hard you train and not a color of a belt. I have seen too many "black belts" who can't even spar...

ryu-ryu said:
I would like to see the video too! Sounds like an interesting fight. Personally, I don't believe in belt systems... I train in traditional chinese martial arts. I believe the level of your ability is based on how much and hard you train and not a color of a belt. I have seen too many "black belts" who can't even spar...

I agree 100%. Its how much effort you put into it, not what colour your belt is. When you have a 1000 mcdojos, who promise you "a new belt every 3 months, or your money back", belts aint worth a damn. And besides, you have to spar to learn. Its that simple.

Top Bottom