Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rofl.. i got challenged to a fight by a karate black belt

dont embarass him if thats the case.. try to convert him.

i would close the distance right off the bat..

dude when iwin (IF i do) i will just help him to his feet and be very modest about it. even in real fights, whenever i win, and they tap out or apologize, back down, get knocked down, etc, i ask them if theyre ok and help them back to their feet. then we make peace. if i do win, i really just want to advertise gracie barra jiu jitsi and hopefully make ppl more aware about the benefits of cross training, and the importance of a well developed ground game.

good call..

ive fought like this a few times and most of the time it ended cool and the guy started taking lessons or something like that..

I hope he studied under the old school system of the JKA and does shotokhan under the old school japanese guys. Cause if he hits you with a rverse punch while you shoot, you are gonna be knocked the fuck out. Never go in there thinking you are gonna own someone, cause then you just get your ass kicked

holy shit its lord suston!! dude, you hooked me up with soo much info on training on the old training forums, back in '03. i havent seen you in forever. dont worry i dont think im gonna own him or anything- as you can tell by my posts on the topic i am quite a modest fellow. this is the style of karate my opponent studies:

http://www.gima-ha.ca/

Yarg! said:
my greatest gift is my ability to never be over confident. hopefully i can use that to my advantage. i know hes got 8 yrs, i know exactly what im capable off, im not gonna run my mouth, there is no animosity between us, itll jus tbe a good old fashion brawl. if i lose which i have a 80 percent chance of doing , oh well, hes a black belt, what did i expect. if i expect to murder him, i have my head in the clouds.

I'm rarely confident myself
tho I talk some good bs...

Lokk the basic techynique to destroy most people in Karate is lateral movement since their power is dervied from solid stances and short crisp strikes. ON the outside use a solid jab, sidestep away from his lead leg and shoot, if you want to know how I know, look up Gerald Evans

I tell you what man since your just getting started i would really try to keep him as a friend and just invite him to work out with you, ITS VERY nice to have people with different back grounds to spar against. For me living in a large martial arts community and having a lot of people with different backgrounds to occasionally work out with means an awful lot. There’s no hurry for you to fight him, and you don’t want to look sloppy, if I was your trainer I would encourage you not to do any fighting until you have trained for at least 6 months, several days a week, that way you can truly represent MT. Dont forget you can try to bet the shit out of him any time, but after that it will be a lot harder to get him to workout with you! Keep him as a friend and try to learn something from him (he has been training for 8 years and has to know something).

Yarg! said:
dude when iwin (IF i do) i will just help him to his feet and be very modest about it. even in real fights, whenever i win, and they tap out or apologize, back down, get knocked down, etc, i ask them if theyre ok and help them back to their feet. then we make peace. if i do win, i really just want to advertise gracie barra jiu jitsi and hopefully make ppl more aware about the benefits of cross training, and the importance of a well developed ground game.
In a controlled environment, this is good kharma, Just remember to stomp their face if its street.

Frankly, as a black belt, it sounds like this person is a very immature black belt and really does not have an idea what the art is all about. If he did, he would not go around challenging you. Karate is for self defense,period! He should know that.

Yarg! said:
some black belt friend of mine who's been taking karate for 8 solid yrs challenged me to a full contact, 100 percent power, going till KO or TO sparring session/fight. funny thing is i have 8 weeks of muay thai and about 3 months of brazilian jiu jitsu. he challenged me after he heard stories of this real fight that i was in, in which i used bjj in a real world situation and came out the winner. so i guess he wants to prove himself or something and issued a challenge. ofcourse i am coming in with no expectations for myself, since i respect karate as an art- expecially 8 yrs of it. however, if i beat him, this will look absolutely appaling for his art, whereas if i lose ppl will just go "8 weeks vs 8 yrs... no wonder he lost, oh well". so i have nothing to lose and everything to gain whereas he has nothing to gain and everything to lose. expect video in a few weeks, we can even karma bookie this, LOL. my game plan is to come in agressive, jab cross, jab, round house to the thigh and shoot for the legs. assume mount and start the ground and pount and/or look for a submission.

Top Bottom