Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rofl.. i got challenged to a fight by a karate black belt

take it to the ground. I respect anybodies striking, especially 8 years.

get him on the ground, and he'll be like a fish out of water.

Go straight for the takedown bro. Karate kids dont know shit once they get on the ground. Even though straight karate is worthless for streetfighting, its not a good idea to try and go toe to toe with a 8 year blackbelt, so takedown immediately.

Hum...this will be very interesting to watch... 8 weeks isnt much but it really depends on how many days a week youv been training, Some of the fellas on here are right, if it was me i would focus on his uper legs(if you go to lower legs you brake things-dont want to do that to your buddy) Wouldnt hurt to work with your instructor on counter striking. Most of the guys hit the nail on the head... IT really depends on his conditioning, or yours.
Nearly the same thing happend to me with a very good friend, He spent a good part of his life doing karate and i in Muay thai, but instead of fighting (which i never trained anything but MT so all i know is 100% power) i invited him to work out with us, After our 3 hour workout he had a much diffrent view on full contact fighting.You might try that. Also were are you located?

Raw1 said:
Hum...this will be very interesting to watch... 8 weeks isnt much but it really depends on how many days a week youv been training, Some of the fellas on here are right, if it was me i would focus on his uper legs(if you go to lower legs you brake things-dont want to do that to your buddy) Wouldnt hurt to work with your instructor on counter striking. Most of the guys hit the nail on the head... IT really depends on his conditioning, or yours.
Nearly the same thing happend to me with a very good friend, He spent a good part of his life doing karate and i in Muay thai, but instead of fighting (which i never trained anything but MT so all i know is 100% power) i invited him to work out with us, After our 3 hour workout he had a much diffrent view on full contact fighting.You might try that. Also were are you located?

i have a plan

shoot straight off the bat, assume cross side, then mount then assume ground and pound.
or i can close the gap, go to clinch, do an in trip , take him down, assume ground and pound or look for subs
i can also do a double leg take down, ground and pound or look for subs
OR
i can slug it out using my counter punching, kicks, knees, elbows- i do have boxing experience so my timing is quite good and my shins are quite hard.
i am in vancouver, BC btw.

Yarg! said:
i have a plan

shoot straight off the bat, assume cross side, then mount then assume ground and pound.
or i can close the gap, go to clinch, do an in trip , take him down, assume ground and pound or look for subs
i can also do a double leg take down, ground and pound or look for subs
OR
i can slug it out using my counter punching, kicks, knees, elbows- i do have boxing experience so my timing is quite good and my shins are quite hard.
i am in vancouver, BC btw.

Watch these two videos and be aspired.:)

Kung Fu master owned by Royce Gracie: http://www.fightclips.net/upload/7n32wza2ne2o.zip

Kung Fu fighter owned by a MMA: http://www.fightclips.net/upload/7ng2vn07ejr4.zip

Depending on his kicking speed I assure you he'll try to kick you, go straight for the takedown. Don't just charge him because if he does have good timing, he will land a good kick on you. Good luck and post the video!!

By the way, thank god I don't have to fight MMA fighters in tournaments.:eek: I train in Taekwondo and Hapkido and I just have to worry about getting kicked in the face. :p

Undertow503 said:
Watch these two videos and be aspired.:)

Kung Fu master owned by Royce Gracie: http://www.fightclips.net/upload/7n32wza2ne2o.zip

Kung Fu fighter owned by a MMA: http://www.fightclips.net/upload/7ng2vn07ejr4.zip

What makes EITHER of the above ppl "Masters" ? ESPECIALLY the second guy that only went to a "legit" school for under a year ? And by "Legit" I mean a place that was open for business with its own made up style under its own 40-50 year-old "Founder" ! ROFLE ! The guy he was taking on was a PRO , TWICE his size and HALF his age !

And yeah , Royce has won a fight or tweo in his day . The fact that he has NO FREEAKING JOB and trains 10+ hours/day HIS WHOLE LIFE may have a LITTLE something to do with that . Its not the style , you could use ANY system if you trained that much in it .

ANd you would dominate .

Depending on his kicking speed I assure you he'll try to kick you, go straight for the takedown. Don't just charge him because if he does have good timing, he will land a good kick on you. Good luck and post the video!!

By the way, thank god I don't have to fight MMA fighters in tournaments.:eek: I train in Taekwondo and Hapkido and I just have to worry about getting kicked in the face. :p

YOu really should at least start Sparring with some . The Gleam would fall off the Rose , and you would realise that you are comparing PROS to AMATEURS , and that if you both train about 8 hours a week or if you oth train about 40 , it becomes a LOT less about Style than it does Intensity , Coindition , and Heart .

Yarg :

Unless you REALLY have this dude beat from a Conditioning/Strengt/Mass standpoint , I personally wouldnt do it . 8 years is a LONG time ! Not only that , but DESPITE popular Opinion to the Contrary , some Karate systems - even those considered a JOKE - actual DO have Grappling ! Did you know that Tiger Schullman's was WINNING at NAGA every year ? Thats right , the McDojo ! Goju and Wado both have "Go To" ground sumissions , if not a COMPLETE Ground game it means they arent "Helpless" by ANY means , and Shito-Ryu is pretty damned hot in the Clinch , easily comperable to MT .

The Idea that you can be assred that you will "Own" someone in a particular range just by looking at his STYLE is SILLY ! in my Origional system wich is SO not noted for its Groundwork we would spar no matter what until one person gave in ! This meant standing up , lying down , Swimming , whatever ! presuming that someone elses training follows the lines that would give you the greatest advantadge is stupidity . Especially since Groundfigting has become QUITE famous since 1993 !

Djimbe said:
Yarg :

Unless you REALLY have this dude beat from a Conditioning/Strengt/Mass standpoint , I personally wouldnt do it . 8 years is a LONG time ! Not only that , but DESPITE popular Opinion to the Contrary , some Karate systems - even those considered a JOKE - actual DO have Grappling ! Did you know that Tiger Schullman's was WINNING at NAGA every year ? Thats right , the McDojo ! Goju and Wado both have "Go To" ground sumissions , if not a COMPLETE Ground game it means they arent "Helpless" by ANY means , and Shito-Ryu is pretty damned hot in the Clinch , easily comperable to MT .

The Idea that you can be assred that you will "Own" someone in a particular range just by looking at his STYLE is SILLY ! in my Origional system wich is SO not noted for its Groundwork we would spar no matter what until one person gave in ! This meant standing up , lying down , Swimming , whatever ! presuming that someone elses training follows the lines that would give you the greatest advantadge is stupidity . Especially since Groundfigting has become QUITE famous since 1993 !

i am like really fit so i know i can own him in the conditioning aspect. my body is also quite conditioned to blows from previous boxing exp, and with boxing comes punching power. i dont think this guy has a ground game at all, because i asked him once, and hes like "i know like two submissions and ones on the ground, and its soo awkward for me to do". also i was talking to him like a year ago and i asked him in the event of a takedown, what would guys from his school do, and he didnt have an answer. also his defense against roundhouse kicks to the thigh was just to absorb it. he take sit at a community center , like YMCA, so its not like a full fledged hardcore dojo. i dont know his instructors credentials, but i honestly think this is just another run of the mill mc whatever, and another run of the mill community center, after school karate class.

Top Bottom