Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Approved Log Recovery War - Diet Training Life Log

Ok, took a little bit of calculating but I have a new meal plan, at least a rough one.

I understand this doesn’t look normal but please remember I have a pseudo obstruction and can’t tolerate fibre like a healthy person can, I also have a lot of autoimmune issues with various foods so that in addition to the fibre issue really restricts what I can eat. Things could be worse, I could have given up and tried to live on the sorts of products that exist retail for pseudo obstruction, stuff like Ensure, or Sustagen Hospital Formula. Those are way worse than my DIY version of a liquid based diet. I can’t afford them either, if I just gave up and used those I’d have malnutrition from not being able to afford much of it and I wouldn’t be able to train.

Ok so new diet.

Egg Smoothie 2.0 =

-200mls Lactose Free Lite Milk
-100g High Protein Low Fat Yoghurt
-180g Soft boiled eggs (4 small eggs)
-15g Honey
-17g Whey Protein Isolate
-Cinnamon
-Nutmeg

Macros for Egg Smoothie 2.0 =

-Calories = 502
-Protein = 53.6g
-Fats = 20.5g
-Carbohydrate = 28.9g

I will have 4 of these smoothies a day.

Chia Protein Pudding =

-15g Black & White Chia Seeds
-Coles Perform Elite Whey 10g (just need to finish tub this will become isolate later)
-Woolworths frozen mixed berries 150g
-Honey 1Tsp

Chia Pudding Macros =

-Calories = 189
-Protein = 12.4g
-Fats = 4.9g
-Carbohydrate = 17.5g

I’ll have one of these a day and it will probably be first meal of the day as well.

Cucumber + Cilantro salad =

-1 large cucumber approx 333g
-1 cup Cilantro leaves approx 16g
-Apple cider vinegar 80mls
-Salt 2 Tsp
-Pepper 2 Tsp

Cucumber Salad Macros =

-Calories = 66
-Fats = 0.5g
-Carbohydrate = 8.9g

I’ll try and have one of these per day. May take me the whole day to eat all of it.

Also, I’ll try and have one ripe banana per day. Once I move to a bulk again I can turn the banana into a pancake using a couple of eggs. But just plain banana on a cut/recomp.

Banana Macros

-Calories = 93
-Carbohydrate = 19.2

This will bring total Macros to =

Calories = 2407
Protein = 227.1g
Fats = 92.3g
Carbohydrate = 161.6
Fibre = 15g (this is high fibre for me)

I may on some days drop this plan in place of eating meat and fish, those days I’ll do my best to hit the right calorie count even though overall macros will be off those days, they won’t happen often, maybe a couple times a month.

Haven’t trained yet today, got up early and made a point to finish the diet plan. In a few minutes I’ll get up and make two servings of the Egg Smoothie 2.0, then go out for a walk with my dog. Later today I’ll do my best to get my lifting session in. Haven’t made a Chia Pudding yet and need to go to a shop to buy cucumber and cilantro leaves.

Further log update coming tonight after training etc. Hope all of you are having a great time smashing your training goals 💪

Quick update. Have done an hour of light rucking, with 8.7kgs.

Went to a shop and picked up the cucumber, cilantro leaves and banana. Also got some more high protein yoghurt. Things are crazy prices down here given my budget, I may have to revise the meal plan a bit as I don’t think I can afford the amount of yogurt and vegetables I was about to try, may have to reduce those and decide how to replace with cheaper calories some how.

Is also looking unlikely I’ll get to lifting today. My sleep has been so bad I haven’t dared to log it, you’d all freak out. Am going to have to sort that out a bit, I’ll rest this afternoon and try very hard to get back to bed at my usual time of 8-9pm, and also try and start getting up consistently at 5-6am again.

I’ll be back a bit later to log food for the day 👍 As I get diet and sleep sorted my training should get more consistent again and progress should be smooth, slow but smooth.

Final entry for today.

I made a chia seed protein pudding for tomorrow morning. I forgot in my previous post it also contains 125mls of the lactose free lite milk. I’ve updated the ingredients in the app. Will be nice to eat that, before I had the pseudo obstruction I used to eat them pretty much the same way. I heard recently they have amazing benefits for gut flora and the amount you need for that is tiny, so hopefully I tolerate it fine.

The cucumber and cilantro leaf salad is really nice. I had to change it to 100g cucumber and 1/2 cup cilantro, have updated it in the app.

The egg smoothie 2.0, I halved the high protein yoghurt and replaced that with 50mls extra of the lactose free lite milk, it barely effected the macros, but helps a lot with costs. Have also updated in the app.

Another thing I decided I’m going to try, was thinking about this the whole walk today. Is the intermittent fasting, I’m going to give that a rest for a while, and just eat my diet plan spaced evenly through the day. I’ll eat roughly every three hours. I may skip a couple meals on Sunday I’ll see how I go.

Only training today was the one hour of rucking with 8.7kgs

Todays macros

Calories = 2099
Protein = 209g
Fats = 88g
Carbohydrate’s = 126g
Fibre = ? Forgot to calculate from the cucumber and cilantro wouldn’t be much.

57D16EA3-8D2B-41A5-BB3E-61E05072AD28.png

B041E354-71B3-44D7-9E88-F26C9707332E.jpeg

Ok, took a little bit of calculating but I have a new meal plan, at least a rough one.

I understand this doesn’t look normal but please remember I have a pseudo obstruction and can’t tolerate fibre like a healthy person can, I also have a lot of autoimmune issues with various foods so that in addition to the fibre issue really restricts what I can eat. Things could be worse, I could have given up and tried to live on the sorts of products that exist retail for pseudo obstruction, stuff like Ensure, or Sustagen Hospital Formula. Those are way worse than my DIY version of a liquid based diet. I can’t afford them either, if I just gave up and used those I’d have malnutrition from not being able to afford much of it and I wouldn’t be able to train.

Ok so new diet.

Egg Smoothie 2.0 =

-200mls Lactose Free Lite Milk
-100g High Protein Low Fat Yoghurt
-180g Soft boiled eggs (4 small eggs)
-15g Honey
-17g Whey Protein Isolate
-Cinnamon
-Nutmeg

Macros for Egg Smoothie 2.0 =

-Calories = 502
-Protein = 53.6g
-Fats = 20.5g
-Carbohydrate = 28.9g

I will have 4 of these smoothies a day.

Chia Protein Pudding =

-15g Black & White Chia Seeds
-Coles Perform Elite Whey 10g (just need to finish tub this will become isolate later)
-Woolworths frozen mixed berries 150g
-Honey 1Tsp

Chia Pudding Macros =

-Calories = 189
-Protein = 12.4g
-Fats = 4.9g
-Carbohydrate = 17.5g

I’ll have one of these a day and it will probably be first meal of the day as well.

Cucumber + Cilantro salad =

-1 large cucumber approx 333g
-1 cup Cilantro leaves approx 16g
-Apple cider vinegar 80mls
-Salt 2 Tsp
-Pepper 2 Tsp

Cucumber Salad Macros =

-Calories = 66
-Fats = 0.5g
-Carbohydrate = 8.9g

I’ll try and have one of these per day. May take me the whole day to eat all of it.

Also, I’ll try and have one ripe banana per day. Once I move to a bulk again I can turn the banana into a pancake using a couple of eggs. But just plain banana on a cut/recomp.

Banana Macros

-Calories = 93
-Carbohydrate = 19.2

This will bring total Macros to =

Calories = 2407
Protein = 227.1g
Fats = 92.3g
Carbohydrate = 161.6
Fibre = 15g (this is high fibre for me)

I may on some days drop this plan in place of eating meat and fish, those days I’ll do my best to hit the right calorie count even though overall macros will be off those days, they won’t happen often, maybe a couple times a month.

Haven’t trained yet today, got up early and made a point to finish the diet plan. In a few minutes I’ll get up and make two servings of the Egg Smoothie 2.0, then go out for a walk with my dog. Later today I’ll do my best to get my lifting session in. Haven’t made a Chia Pudding yet and need to go to a shop to buy cucumber and cilantro leaves.

Further log update coming tonight after training etc. Hope all of you are having a great time smashing your training goals 💪
@Ori loving the update i like the dedication DO IT

Reactions: Ori
Today was a pretty good day 👍

I didn’t get quite as much walking in as I’d have liked, but wasn’t too bad, I walked around the neighbourhood for about 40mins today so no scenic pics.

I felt a lot better just spacing my food out through the day, is also going to be a necessity to get it down anyway.

Training went ok, I was able to go a bit harder than last time, and was still pretty sore from the last session, when I got to the ab wheel I’d already maxed my core out and had to skip it.

A3077B00-18A7-44B6-82F9-CAD0A44CE908.jpeg

Total macros for the day

-Calories = 2400
-Protein = 221g
-Fats = 96g
-Carbohydrate = 164g
-Fibre = 15g

E59F43F2-1A37-4753-A8CB-E2960D28D5F8.png

9F12A27B-8BCB-4576-9A9D-E371E7BC420A.jpeg

7D109D3A-F9E7-4057-B0E7-0F107EDBF22B.jpeg

Why smoothies vs actual food?
I have a bunch of damage in my digestive system, permanent damage.

First injury was from a medication I was prescribed, called Meloxicam. Only got to my third dose and I started bleeding out both ends, was not a pretty sight.

A couple years later, I got one of those antibiotic resistant super bugs, called Clostridium Dificile and that just completely wrecked me, I lost about 35kgs in weeks. I actually got it twice, as the first course of antibiotics only made it look like I was getting better, really shortly after, and I mean shortly like a week or so I had it again and got put in one of those isolated rooms in a hospital where you had to have like a biohazard suit pretty much to come in and see me. I got a different antibiotic that time and although the odds aren’t in favour of that working it did.

Anyway loads of complications I don’t have the energy to explain tonight as I’m wrecked from todays training, but that infection left me with a bowel thickened with scar tissue. I’ve been referred to a surgeon over all the blood I lose through my bowel and also to have my bowel shortened. Haven’t seen the surgeon yet.

One of the things I got diagnosed with after all this stuff is something called a “Pseudo obstruction”, is caused by parts of the digestive tract that have permanent nerve damage, fibre won’t move through as it should and just causes massive problems, and outright pain. I can tolerate small amounts of fibre, like really low, it’s only use for me is to feed some of my good bacteria. I’m hoping the surgery will help with that, but I don’t know if is a reasonable hope or not yet until I talk to the surgeon. I’m also dependent on mineral laxative to go to the bathroom at all, again hoping surgery fixes that, don’t know if it will though.

Long story short, if I ate only solid food I couldn’t consistently eat even maintenance calories.

Top Bottom