Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WTH? White Man Wins NBA MVP?

Somebody came in here and spilled "retard" all over this thread a couple of times. Nash deserves it. He won it. Justice has been served.

4everhung said:
I was just commenting on the "pussy" talk
I enjoy reading the basketball insight as I'm a relative novice viewer
and after 30 years of watching baseball and football, I'm getting into the NBA
I just don't know the game nearly as well as I'd like to.

OK...

I will tell you my feelings
1. Black folks have been holla-ing to have more black coaches
2. People do hate on Shaq
3. Phoenix Suns have best record in regular season
4. Phoenix suns have NO superstars

A case can be made that if Phoenix wins an NBA championship , Steve Nash is the reason. Steve Nash is in a system where he controls the floor and tha run and gun style of basketball suits him and the superstarless roster of thiers. Stoudamire is dunking all over people wheather fast break or 1/2 court. Phoenix is fun to watch due to thier fast break / full court press style of BBALL. This is how smaller teams win against bigger teams , but it's mainly done at a high school level. When you have alot of money riding on the success of a team , you want that team to win with as little effort and risk as possible. By turning the game into a running and endurance affair , players will get tired. Players will have to exercise more. It takes more work to play this style. Therefore only a team that has NO superstars could flourish in this type of enviornment. Hence the success of Phoenix Suns and now Steve Nash.

Unfortunately the "race card" is a part of this. As has been mentioned , Steve Nash is white. But the problem is that so is Dirk Novitzski Why did Steve Nash win over Dirk??? Why did either of them get mention knowing Shaq always takes his teams to the NBA finals??? I feel that if there was ever a year for a "white" play to get props for thier play and effort on the court , it is now. You have not 1 but 2 guys that could have won it. Shaq is having a career low season , and people will hate on him for that, despite his team is #1 in the east. Tim Duncan is also not having his best year. KG didn't even make the playoffs. Ray Allen is having a great year, but alas...
The recent hirings of black coaches in the NBA I believe has an impact on how these type of decisions are made. Black people can't say that they completely dominated basketball this year (which is the reason we have wanted more black coaches) It is a piece of the puzzle that should not be , but it is

gjohnson5 said:
4. Phoenix suns have NO superstars

If Amare Stoudemire isn't already a superstar, he's very close.

Shawn Marion isn't a superstar?

Nash just won MVP.....he's not a superstar either?

Look at the stats, bro......those three are in alot of the top 10 in several categories.....

DIV

DIVISION said:
If Amare Stoudemire isn't already a superstar, he's very close.

Shawn Marion isn't a superstar?

Nash just won MVP.....he's not a superstar either?

Look at the stats, bro......those three are in alot of the top 10 in several categories.....

DIV

No , none of them qualify

Nash is NOT a Dirk or a Shaq or even a Ray Allen.
1. How many "Dream Teams" was Nash picked to play on
2. How many all star games has he been voted to play on. The number is very low

The true meaning of "superstar" is ego. This is the one thing they all have in common. This is also the one thing that will kill this style of basketball. When it's time to run ALL , and I do mean ALL , have to run. It doesn't matter how much you get paid. All have to play defense. How many "superstars" are mostly noted for thier defense
1. Michael Jordan
2. Scottie Pippen
3. Akeem the Dream
4. Dennis Rodman??
5. Ron Artest??
6. Joe Dumars??
7. The glove Gary Payton?
8. Bill Russel??
9. Wilt Chamberlain
10. Oscar Robertson

3 out of 10 at best qualify for both honors in the above list.

I'm not so sure how many of them guys I would call superstars.

4 point play bitches

johnson.jpg

gjohnson5 said:
Nash is NOT a Dirk or a Shaq or even a Ray Allen.
1. How many "Dream Teams" was Nash picked to play on
2. How many all star games has he been voted to play on. The number is very low

Two time All Star. One time All NBA. Plus, he is Canadian, so he kinda doesn't qualify for that whole "dream team" thing. You know, the one who won the Bronze.

gjohnson5 said:
Cmon man , don't bash me on that point....
We , the US, did not have our best guy out there. Duncan and AI were. They also are not having great seasons either.

Also I thought if a person is "naturized" in the country they consider thier home , they could play for whatever country that they considered thier home. Just because Nash was born Canadian doesn't mean that he is forced to play on a Canadian team

actually Nash was born in Johannesburg,South Africa
but grew up in Victoria B.C., Canada.

Top Bottom