Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Winter War Finland vs Russia Olympics ice action

• Thread starter Thread starter Spartacus
  • Start date Start date
4everhung.....when the germans invaded back in 41.... late october then moved up north to get leningrad....if army group centre would of just gone for moscow instead of send some troops north u think they coulda got moscow? i mean in december some troops were only 5 miles from moscow...

fins will win gold

It's a good point you've made about Stalin's decision to make the necessary improvements to wage an effective war in the cold. What's surprizing to me is that the German General Staff, generally regarded as being at the top of the game, didn't also take the opportunity to examine this war, which happened in it's own back yard. Barbarossa might have turned out differently.

tiger88 said:
4everhung.....when the germans invaded back in 41.... late october then moved up north to get leningrad....if army group centre would of just gone for moscow instead of send some troops north u think they coulda got moscow? i mean in december some troops were only 5 miles from moscow...
recon units sited the spires of the kremlin
they got that close
and then the worst winter in a hundred years hit
historians question the diversion to the south of Guderian's 2nd panzergruppe to complete the encirclement around Kiev. the germans bagged over 600,000 prisoners. they argue if guderian had maintained his course for Moscow they could have captured it before the inclement weather. myself it's hard to question Hitler's decision here. the Kiev encirclement was a huge prize and collapsed the entire Russian front in the south. at the time the german's were advancing quite well across the board and Russian's were surrendering in masses. Hitler assumed this would continue and diverted guderian to complete army group south's operation's in the Ukraine.
for the record guderian's 2nd panzergruppe advanced as far and as fast as we did in Iraq recently.
with 40s era equipment,in difficult terrain(not flat sand) and against considerable opposition
this world will never witness a military operation with the size and scope of barbarossa
the soviets and the germans gutted each other
fucking brutal

Top Bottom