Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Arod should get the MVP over Ortiz

KillahBee said:
This has nothing to do with the MVP award. Stop fucking up my attempted intelligent converstiong about sports (which will NEVER happen).
congrats on your crowns buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow bro.. so if 1 = 1 then lets see.. hitting a game winning freethrow to win by 1 is the same as hitting the first point of the game.. 1 = 1 right.. they are EXACTLY the same.. great call my friend..

Phaded said:
wow bro.. so if 1 = 1 then lets see.. hitting a game winning freethrow to win by 1 is the same as hitting the first point of the game.. 1 = 1 right.. they are EXACTLY the same.. great call my friend..

nope, you are right. 1 does not equal 1. take away the first run of yesterday's game for the Sox, but keep Ortiz' 9th inning RBI single. now how fucking precious is it?

KillahBee said:
nope, you are right. 1 does not equal 1. take away the first run of yesterday's game for the Sox, but keep Ortiz' 9th inning RBI single. now how fucking precious is it?

One thing people are missing even with Ortiz's game winning rbi he is only tied with A-Rod on that stat.

bluehen said:
One thing people are missing even with Ortiz's game winning rbi he is only tied with A-Rod on that stat.

nah, we covered it. evne without the fielding, Arod is a better hitter.

You aren't looking at the "MVP" award thoroughly enough. Ortiz is more valuable TO HIS TEAM than A-Rod. If Ortiz doesn't get the big homers or RBIs, Manny might. After that, you start to struggle a bit with the Red Sox lineup. They have a bunch of guys that can hit singles but not many power threats.

After A-Rod you have Sheffield, Giambi, and Matsui to pick up the slack; Ortiz doesn't have that luxury.

And an RBI in the 9th counts the same as an RBI in the 1st, but it's a lot harder to get when the pressure is on. I have a lot more respect for a guy that gets that game winning homer in the bottom of the 9th w/2 out than one who hits a solo homer in the first.

One stat I would like to see is the number of walk-offs that Ortiz has and A-Rod. I can think of 3 off the top of my head for Ortiz but I'm sure that the number is more than that. I have no idea about A-Rod.

I completely agree with you. Ortiz doesn't even play defense. A-Rod is amazing on both sides of the bat. A-Rod has had his fair share of walk-offs too.

I also agree with you on the hitting part. Ortiz is clutch but that run in the 9th has the same affect on the game if it would have been in the 4th. However, it doesn't have the same affect on voting sadly enough. It's just the media coverage of it. It's all about timing during the game. Ortiz's runs are hyped up to be more than they are.

Oh, and A-Rod is the youngest player EVER to hit 400 home runs.

arod sure has done alot for the yankees.. how many series have they won since he's been on the squad? oh ya 0?

im2manly said:
lol this is A-rod's second year in the league. Anyway I'll tell you why A-rod should win it. Ok first off the only thing Ortiz beats A-rod in is rbi's....greatly due to Damon (hes a great leadoff hitter) I am almost certain A-rod has more game winning rbis, Arod can run my friends the guy has 20 sb's ortiz is slow as fuck, A-rod is playing gold glove 3rd base while ortiz doesnt play defense at all....another thing about playing defense, if anyone out here has ever played baseball they know that fielding affects your hitting, fielding gets you worn out which in trun affects your hitting. Now on the line up thing. no one batting behind A-rod is batting over 300, matsui only has 22 hrs (grant it he has over a 100 rbis, but that doesnt always mean he has alot of power), for the majority of the first half giambi was fucking horrible, posada has had a horrible year (but has come around lately), so basically the only person A-rod has had to hit behind has been sheffield and for the majority of the season sheffield was hitting 3rd and arod 4th. Now ortiz has manny and vartiek (who have had great years), you take ortiz away i no way believe it affects boston as bad as taking a-rod away from the yankees. Ortiz is way too one dimensional all he can do is hit, the fucker cant even run. you take away A-rod you the yankees lose their best hitter, there biggest base stealing threat (sine womack dont play), and arguablely their best fielder, you take ortiz awa all u lose is a bat ....plain and simple......i win lol

yankees fan huh? i wondered why you didn't like bonds.. and i guarantee ill put money on it.. arod has no where near as many game winning rbi's as ortiz.. i dont even have to look it up.. put your money where your mouth is bro..

Top Bottom