Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Arod should get the MVP over Ortiz

KillahBee said:
First, I shall preempt this case with a few notes:
- if only one of the two make the playoffs, that person will win
- if both make it, but one of them leaves a lasting impression on the media (i.e. Ortiz hits a game winning bomb in the 9th on Sunday to win the series), that person will win

WHy Arod should win:
- yes, the fielding thing. you would have to be a complete retard to ignore this part of the game. a complete fucking retard. Arod has had (at most) 2 errors in the last 3 months. maybe none, I am not sure. and he has won games with plays, but that doesn't show up on your pretty little stat sheet, now does it - virgins.
- try and wrap your simpleton minds around this one - everyone keeps talkign about ortiz's clutch hits. think about this - a run in the first inning is NO DIFFERENT than a run in the 9th. both equal one run on the scoreboard. yesterday's NYY game was a perfect example. Arod hit a bomb in the early-mid innings to tie it up and they went on to win. the ONLY difference between that hit and the same hit in the bottom of the 9th, is drama. and drama shouldn't win MVP's. Arod beats Ortiz in 9 out of 10 hitting statistical categories.
- oh yeah, he plays the field too.

I know most of you will not be mature or even intelligent enough to look at this in a non-emotional manner and realize the common sense that is lacked in the general sports world. but I am right, and you are wrong.

I don't care either way, but I heard a good argument. If Manny Ramirez was having the same season as Ortiz, would he be more deserving because he plays the field, as sorry as he is in the field??

People like Canseco, Juan Gonzales (& even Bonds) have won MVP. You they had a mit on out there, but really didn't do anything.

rudeboyja said:
I don't care either way, but I heard a good argument. If Manny Ramirez was having the same season as Ortiz, would he be more deserving because he plays the field, as sorry as he is in the field??

People like Canseco, Juan Gonzales (& even Bonds) have won MVP. You they had a mit on out there, but really didn't do anything.
i agree with your assesment of bonds not making a difference with his glove
he has only won 8 gold gloves in his career, if you havent won 10 your arent shit

hamstershaver said:
he has only won 8 gold gloves in his career, if you havent won 10 your arent shit

Bonds has won 8 gold gloves? That's news to me. Especially with his bubble gum arm. If that's the case it hasn't been in the last few years when he's been pretty much a liability out there & has still ran away with the MVP.

hamstershaver said:

:) bonds rules..

i'm sorry kb.. but saying that a homerun in the 9th is no different than a homerun in the 1st just goes to show that you've never played baseball in your life.. :)

Phaded said:
i'm sorry kb.. but saying that a homerun in the 9th is no different than a homerun in the 1st just goes to show that you've never played baseball in your life.. :)

And it goes to show that you have no ability to think on your own. Does 1=1? It is that simple. And I noted that being "clutch" is definitely a great attribute, but is it better to hit a homerun in the 9th to win it in the last inning than to hit one in the 2nd and win it then? NO

Was recruited in highschool as a catcher, but not good enough to play above DIII in college.

KillahBee said:
And it goes to show that you have no ability to think on your own. Does 1=1? It is that simple. And I noted that being "clutch" is definitely a great attribute, but is it better to hit a homerun in the 9th to win it in the last inning than to hit one in the 2nd and win it then? NO
YES, makes more news, more excitement, sells more tickets :)

bran987 said:
YES, makes more news, more excitement, sells more tickets :)

This has nothing to do with the MVP award. Stop fucking up my attempted intelligent converstiong about sports (which will NEVER happen).

galaxy said:
Lets see. Ortiz hit the game tying home run tonite in the 8th and then the game winning single in the 9th. Not bad.lol

But it will all come down to this weekends series either way. Arod choked in the ALCS last year, so hes definately got somthing to prove.

And Arod isnt even the MVP of the Yankees. Mariano Rivera is the Yankees MVP .

Mo should really win the MVP but he will not. A Rod should win the defence thing does make a diiference when all the other stats are so close. Look at the game against Toronto when he turned a sure double into a walk off double play. Yeah Ortiz had a great game last night but he was something like 5 for 27 with 4 rbi's over his last 6 games going into last night.

Top Bottom