Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who is the best player out of Last Year's NBA Draft?

slickdadd

you know, Carmelo, Lebron, and Wade? I know people are going to jump to say Lebron, but in all honesty, right now, I don't see how anyone could not say it is Wade. Sure Lebron makes some great plays, competes at both ends, but ultimately his team didn't fare very well. He also has some pretty poor shot selection and typically shoots for a low percentage. He turns the ball over and hoists up awful shots that are just as good as turnovers.

Wade shoots 50% from the floor as a guard. That's pretty impressive. As well we all know he does it all over the floor. He rebounds, He passes, He plays defense, he can finish, he can shoot. The guy has it all, in only his 2nd year.

Carmelo is definitely in third. He is a great offensive player, but that's about it. Plus he tends to fade in and out and not be near as consistent as Wade or Lebron. Granted Wade obviously has far more support than Lebron, but without the Support he has this year, he still turned his team around into a #4 seed and made it into the second round of the playoffs, where neither other rookie did (Although Lamar Odom had a great year as well). I don't even think it's close at the moment.

slickdadd said:
you know, Carmelo, Lebron, and Wade? I know people are going to jump to say Lebron, but in all honesty, right now, I don't see how anyone could not say it is Wade. Sure Lebron makes some great plays, competes at both ends, but ultimately his team didn't fare very well. He also has some pretty poor shot selection and typically shoots for a low percentage. He turns the ball over and hoists up awful shots that are just as good as turnovers.

Wade shoots 50% from the floor as a guard. That's pretty impressive. As well we all know he does it all over the floor. He rebounds, He passes, He plays defense, he can finish, he can shoot. The guy has it all, in only his 2nd year.

Carmelo is definitely in third. He is a great offensive player, but that's about it. Plus he tends to fade in and out and not be near as consistent as Wade or Lebron. Granted Wade obviously has far more support than Lebron, but without the Support he has this year, he still turned his team around into a #4 seed and made it into the second round of the playoffs, where neither other rookie did (Although Lamar Odom had a great year as well). I don't even think it's close at the moment.

It's too early to tell who's better, we're only seeing more of Wade because he's going deep in the playoffs whereas the other two are home watching with us.

Right now I have to say Wade and LeBron are tied, with each being stronger in different categories. Carmelo's immaturity and lack of commitment are the only things holding him back from his potential.

Wade has the ability to change games with his athletic ability, whereas LeBron is more of the type who will change games by passing to people and orchestrating the game. LeBron doesn't have the flash to his game that Wade does, perhaps he's just not that type of player.

DIV

slickdadd said:

Tough call. I would say Lebron by a hair. Lebron does not have nearly the supporting cast as Wade though, which is the kicker. Wade is the 2nd man now next to Shaq, and that makes a world of difference. Who does Lebron have?

Skill wise I'd have to say that Wade overall is better in my opinion.

Also.. ps...

I was searching for this thread in the EF Pro College Sports graveyard
and could not find it because it was over up in here...

bitch !

thanks

Y_lifter said:
Was the huge ass chinaman drafted last year or the year B4 ?

Chow Ching ..

Yao Ming was the year before.....but Amare Stoudemire was the rooking of the year......

Amare has been better than Yao since they were rookies and he's still better than Yao......dropped 40/16 on the Mavericks last night.

DIV

Top Bottom