Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who collected baseball/football/bball/hockey cards when they were young?

i did, i usually just bought rookie cards early in people's career and had some good luck. there were a few tho i bought after they had gotten big, '68 nolan ryan. best deal i ever got tho was an '86 mj rookie card for $75 from a retarded kid (he wasn't really retarded but he needed money for drugs i think) and turned around and sold it on ebay 8 yrs later

i did cash in my bonds at almost it's peak value tho. glad i did :)

none of my cards are graded. some of them i wish were but that's so fukin expensive, imo

i have a grip load of shaq rookies, but most of his rookies were way overproduced, ala hoops david robinson, so they aren't worth shit

I only collected cards from like 86 - 89

Among my priced possesions are a Carl Ripken Jr rookie and Carl Yatzrimsky (however the fuck you spell his last name) 2nd year rookie. Other than that just rookie cards of a lot of the current great players.

i remember stealing some shitty cards...i'm thinking regular fleer baseball from like 91-93. or maybe it was donruss. damn those were crappy pieces of cardboard.

but anyway, one of these brands had a chase set called 'elite'...one day i found not 1, but two of these cards IN THE SAME PACK. and they were BOTH the same card..ryne sandberg. at the time, beckett's listed it at $150 apiece. i was happy.

good times.

Devastation said:
none of my cards are graded. some of them i wish were but that's so fukin expensive, imo

Beckett Grading has specials where you can get 10 cards done for $10 each.

I wait for these to happen. I have rookie cards up the ass. I'm sitting on 21 Bonds rookies that look to be a close BGS 9.0.

I just chucked 18 Rapheal Palmeiro's the other day.....

I have some Tom Brady rookies that need to be graded. You can make some serious money if you have the patience to locate cards.

did anyone have that one card.. i think it was cal ripken. where his bat said "fuck you" on it or whatever.. that shit was hilarious

sawastea said:
Define rookie cheeseball. Isn't rookie the first year they came up or first produced as in the '86 Fleer basketball?
lol both bitch. i've never came across an 84 star mj rookie yet. i did see a honus wagner rookie card in person tho

whatever their "best card" was is what i sought after

Top Bottom