Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who collected baseball/football/bball/hockey cards when they were young?

gotmilk said:
I still do. I have hockey cards worth $300 to $800 each. Graded stuff too.

Football, hockey, and some baseball.

I have a Sidney Crosby Upper Deck Premier that was booked recently at $1200.
thats a joke that his card is worth that much already

Yes it is...but they only produced 50 of his auto cards for the UD Premier.

I have a game used Rimouski jersey of his. One of my best friends is a coach for a QMJHL team and got it for me.

Dude, I learned now to hustle and make deals with sports cards. Me and the boys would get together and trade with eachother. One of us would have the latest Tuff Stuff (sp?) and Beckett magazine. This was way before ebay was an option. I still have all my cards upstairs in my attic. I have this thing called a "favorite people binder" where I kept all the cards of my favorite players organized in those 9 card per page sheets. I have about 200 Jerry Rice cards, Steve Young, Ricky Watters, Emmitt Smith, Chris Carter, Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Tim Brown, and LOTS more. I have tons of card sets organized in other binders as well. So many memories of saving allowance so I could buy a few packs searching for that damn insert card, lol. Oh man the memories. We used to bring them to grammar school recess and trade with eachother.

Nowadays I don't have time but I have picked up a few PSA graded rookies.

I think all the solid businessmen our age started wheelin and dealin with sports cards as a kid, lmfao.

If you have any solid rookie cards you better get them graded or they're not worth shit (PSA or Beckett grading services).

Let me know if anyone has a 1986 Topps Jerry Rice rookie, I'm on the hunt for a good deal; it has a green/white striped border.

I have been collecting baseball and football cards for my son since he was born. Have boxes upon boxes most never opened.

I had baseball cards.. favorite players were McGuire, Canseco, Grace, Griffey, Sheffield..

I LOVED it when Upper Deck came out.. thought the little hologram was so awesome.. my favorite card of all time was the 1989 upper deck Griffey Rookie.. I had 3.. opened up a pack and found one and was so excited.

anyone remember how you had to buy the "special" upper deck packs to get the "upper" numbers?

i used to "collect" mostly baseball and basketball, with some hockey and the occasional football pack.

by "collect", i mean "steal". i stole by the box whenever i could. i didn't give a fuck about the game or the players really (except for basketball 90-94). i just wanted to find something "valuable" (e.g. worth more than 10 bucks).

Top Bottom