Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When are the charges against Kobe going to be dropped?

Read between the lies, Brobot.

All parties to this are looking for book deals or some similar thing. No incntive to drop it; it's not their money, it's taxpayer dollars.

Relatively soon probably. The prosecution just asked for the trial to be postponed, and they just filed a civil suit (where you dont need proof beyond a reasonable doubt for a conviction, I believe you need only 1/2 the jury on your side).

Proof she just wants money...and the sad thing is Kobe will probably give it to her.

75th said:
Relatively soon probably. The prosecution just asked for the trial to be postponed, and they just filed a civil suit (where you dont need proof beyond a reasonable doubt for a conviction, I believe you need only 1/2 the jury on your side).

Proof she just wants money...and the sad thing is Kobe will probably give it to her.

You need a unanimous verdict in civil suits, however, the burden of proof is described as "a preponderance of evidence", rather than "beyond a resasonable doubt".

This effectively means "more likely than not".

If she refuses to testify or cooperate, the state should bill her the cost to taxpayers.

75th said:

She absolutely wants the money. This was never about getting Kobe convicted as a criminal. If she wanted to prove something, she wouldn't ask for much in the civil trial, but you can bet she's going to try and take him to the cleaners.

Kobe cannot settle with her if he wants to retain any shred of his dignity, or even endorsements for that matter. Settling just appears to be an admission of guilt.

I hate the fact that the racial aspect clouds this case. It wil be interpreted as such: If he gets off it's because he's an athlete; if he's convicted it's because he's black. She wins a civil suit and lives life as a millionaire after a year of therapy....a pretty good deal.

Dial_tone said:
I hate the fact that the racial aspect clouds this case. It wil be interpreted as such: If he gets off it's because he's an athlete; if he's convicted it's because he's black. She wins a civil suit and lives life as a millionaire after a year of therapy....a pretty good deal.

If Kobe settles, it will be for (at most) the amount legal defense would cost - maybe a few hundred thousand.

If she were to win at trial (dubious, from what I have read, even with the lower civil suit burden of proof), the jury verdict, if excessive, would be appealed and the case would settle at the same relatively low amount.

If he didn't cheat on his wife and get caught (I might have some sympathy for him).

I hope this brought the utmost misery to his life and his wife (who is in for it for the money too) as no self-respecting woman would want to be associated with him if not for the money.

And please don't go into a tirade as to how "they all do it" and how "it's to be expected".

If you're going cheat on your spouse have the decency or at the very least the brain power not to get caught and get slapped with a rape charge.

Idiot.

velvett said:
If he didn't cheat on his wife and get caught (I might have some sympathy for him).

I hope this brought the utmost misery to his life and his wife (who is in for it for the money too) as no self-respecting woman would want to be associated with him if not for the money.

And please don't go into a tirade as to how "they all do it" and how "it's to be expected".

If you're going cheat on your spouse have the decency or at the very least the brain power not to get caught and get slapped with a rape charge.

Idiot.

Agree with all of this. However, as is proven repeatedly and emphatically, idiocy is everywhere and being an idiot does not make one a criminal, nor does it make them worthy of a civil judgment against them.

:)

Dial_tone said:
She wins a civil suit and lives life as a millionaire after a year of therapy....a pretty good deal.

Not likely.

I was involved in a multi million dollar suit to which the settlement was 115k (prior to lawyer's fees).

Top Bottom