Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

VA becomes the first state to apologize for slavery

rykertest said:
lights a fire for them to complain YET AGAIN about something that happened forever and a day ago.
bro we're not that far removed from it.
1865 is easily connected to with a generation
i don't see why you are getting so pissy about an apology...it was a state supporting slavery...in the land of the free this is the true hyporcrisy.
an apology is the least the gov't can do, what's the fuggin big deal.

Gambino said:
bro we're not that far removed from it.
1865 is easily connected to with a generation
i don't see why you are getting so pissy about an apology...it was a state supporting slavery...in the land of the free this is the true hyporcrisy.
an apology is the least the gov't can do, what's the fuggin big deal.

Well first off I'm not too in love with your tone and the year you gave was 142 years ago. How long is it going to take for blacks to get past it? It's over with, it was wrong but it keeps getting brought up over and over and over again. This apology is nothing but political correctness at it's worst and thats what really makes me sick. This apology does NOTHING but fuel the fire as oppossed to letting it die out.

rykertest said:
Well first off I'm not too in love with your tone and the year you gave was 142 years ago. How long is it going to take for blacks to get past it? It's over with, it was wrong but it keeps getting brought up over and over and over again. This apology is nothing but political correctness at it's worst and thats what really makes me sick. This apology does NOTHING but fuel the fire as oppossed to letting it die out.

for you and me it is long over
for those that it effected the effects def still linger.
you can't argue that whites got a jump start in america
the system was designed for us to succedd and for blacks to submit.
having not gone thru slavery, i don't think it's fair for us to say shit like
"just get over it"

142 yrs ago is not that far removed...my grandparents, still alive today, could have personally known ex slaves or civil war vets

here's the bottom line, black people as a whole will never be on equal footing with everyone else in this country until they stop looking for apologies and stop acting like the world owes them something because they're black. I think I'm the only one that realizes this....me and Bill Cosby.

The whole apology thing is a pointless, empty, meaningless politcal move.

jerkbox said:
here's the bottom line, black people as a whole will never be on equal footing with everyone else in this country until they stop looking for apologies and stop acting like the world owes them something because they're black. I think I'm the only one that realizes this....me and Bill Cosby.

The whole apology thing is a pointless, empty, meaningless politcal move.

true.

Gambino said:
for you and me it is long over
for those that it effected the effects def still linger.
you can't argue that whites got a jump start in america
the system was designed for us to succedd and for blacks to submit.
having not gone thru slavery, i don't think it's fair for us to say shit like
"just get over it"

142 yrs ago is not that far removed...my grandparents, still alive today, could have personally known ex slaves or civil war vets

Yeah, I get that comment a lot from some of the blacks I work with and know. "You just can't relate because you're white". I don't buy it and it's a cop out answer, especially coming from a 30 something year old. What it comes down too is that in todays America, you are what you make of yourself and there is NOT ONE REASON why slavery should even be discussed. It is history, literally. Why it keeps getting brought up is one reason, it's a crutch.

All a black person has to do is play the race card and no matter what was said or done, they "win". Without that card, they have to actually take some responsibility for their actions and we'll have none of that! The only people keeping them down is themselves and it's easier for them to just blame others as opposed to get off their feet, drop the excuses, accept life isn't fair sometimes no matter what your color is, and move on.

I want to again state that I'm not some racist klan member that thinks slavery is right or blacks are sub human. I joke around sometimes, but we are ALL created equally, some of us just stop there.

Top Bottom