Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

VA becomes the first state to apologize for slavery

Gambino said:
that ancient conquests of foreign peoples really has no relevance to n. american slavery...we are supposed to be the land of the free, the best country, that's what makes us different from the riff raff of history.
and that's what makes our history of slavery more disgusting...we are supposed to be above that.
since you witnessed first hand segregation, i would have thought you would have been more critical of it.
instead you bring up thousand year old roman slavery as a justification.

My only relative alive in this country during the time of slavery was a Full Cree Indian woman, my maternal great-great-great grandmother. The rest of my ancestor were still in Europe. My family has nothing to apologize to black Americans for and I ardently would defy reparations.

Gambino said:
that ancient conquests of foreign peoples really has no relevance to n. american slavery...we are supposed to be the land of the free, the best country, that's what makes us different from the riff raff of history.
and that's what makes our history of slavery more disgusting...we are supposed to be above that.
since you witnessed first hand segregation, i would have thought you would have been more critical of it.
instead you bring up thousand year old roman slavery as a justification.

ever hear of indentured servitude?? it's where the people coming to the "new world" who couldn't afford to pay for it would trade 12 yrs of their life for passage...

slavery?? and the point is we didn't send armies to africa to hunt down and imprison people.. crew of 24 would show up, and buy men, women and children from black tribesmen that had already slaughtered another tribe (brothers as it were) and sold the survivors.. and we didn't create the market, it was in existence long before we came along..

you know the damn yankees in the north needed their cotton..

SpyWizard said:
ever hear of indentured servitude?? it's where the people coming to the "new world" who couldn't afford to pay for it would trade 12 yrs of their life for passage...

slavery?? and the point is we didn't send armies to africa to hunt down and imprison people.. crew of 24 would show up, and buy men, women and children from black tribesmen that had already slaughtered another tribe (brothers as it were) and sold the survivors.. and we didn't create the market, it was in existence long before we came along..

you know the damn yankees in the north needed their cotton..

you ride snowmobiles?
any minnesotan worth his stones should have a sled

america was supposed to be above such things, regardless of easy or accepted it was globally.
we're supposed to be better, nation of the free, etc
that's why it's such a black eye on our tradition
and therefore i don't think a apology is that un-warranted
reparations yes, but an apology?

Top Bottom