Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC 56 - Full Force (results & live play by play)

edouble

UFC 56 - Full Force Results
11/19/2005 at 10 pm at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, NEVADA

UFC56.jpg

Dana White made a few announcements ringside:
  • Randy Couture vs. Chuck Lidell 3
  • Andrei Arlovski vs. Frank Mir
  • Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz as the TUF season 3 coaches
  • Resigning of BJ Penn and Tito Ortiz

UFC Middleweight Championship Title
- Rich Franklin defeated Nate Quarry by KO at 2:34 in round 1.

- Gabriel Gonzaga defeated Kevin Jordan by KO at 4:39 in round 3.
- Matt Hughes defeated Joe Riggs by submission (kimura) at 3:28 in round 1.
- George St. Pierre defeated Sean Sherk by TKO at 2:53 in round 2.
- Jeremy Horn defeated Trevor Prangley by uninamous decision.

Preliminary (Non Televised) Fights
- Sam Hoger defeated Jeff Newton by submission (rear naked choke) at 2:05 of round 2.
- Thiago Alves defeated Ansar Chalangov by TKO at 2:25 in round 1.
- Nick Thompson defeated Keith Wisniewski by unanimous decision.

To discuss this topic in our MMA forum, please click here: http://www.ironlife.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1065704

To read the live play by play as it happens, please click here: http://www.ironlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65627

Last edited:
Everything pretty much went like I expected. It was impressive to see just how easily the champs, Hughes and Franklin, dispatched their opponents. Particularly Franklin. His knockout of Nate was scary. I thought for a minute Nate might have had serious damage when his body when stiff like that after his lights went out. I've never seen anyone's body react like that but then again I haven't been watching MMA for too long. Overall a pretty good UFC although I ended up watching it totally alone. All my friends ditched on me. So there I was, watching an event I paid 35 bucks for and was expecting everyone to chip in and a couple cases of beer and some food. Oh well...

Caught the show at a friends place, just posted the results on a different thread.

That knockout was just like the one I saw at a full MT fight I was doing medical stand-by at a while ago....I thought the dude was going to have a full-blow seizure after getting a vicous jumping knee in the face.

Nate looked the exact same way....like he was having just a tonic-type seizure. Scary shit. That nose of his will never bee the same.

Damn fine attitude and composure, though. I do hope Nate comes back strong.

So much for Franklin's "weak chin". I got worried at first, I thought that Quarry was dead after that hit haha. His nose was fucked.

Top Bottom