Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC 40. Tito Ortiz defeats Ken Shamrock.

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Diesel
  • Start date Start date
hey Moose ,I definatly think Tito could handle pride after his display last night( and i hate saying anything good about Tito). I have always thought that Pride was the better tournament, and had higher quality fighters, but I think that's changing. Pride always brought in the best, the legends (Sperry,Ruas, Rickson) from all over the world, but I think it has gone down hill a little recently. The new young guns in the UFC are pretty tough.Somebody mentioned Silvera, I think he is fighting in Pride tommorrow night-check out pridefc.com for the listings

It was tough sitting there with my 9 yr. old son watching Ken get beat up. I know Ken and my kid thinks he is the greatest......in my eyes he still is, but the torch was passed last night to a much better, younger, and complete fighter.
Ken landed one good shot early in the first round and Tito went to one knee and quickly bounced back up, that was his only offense the entire fight. I honestly thought he would go to some type of submission, but that neber happened. I have to say Tito fought a "perfect" fight against Ken. He went full throttle the entire time and Ken never had a chance to set anything up, he was always on the defensive.
All in all, it really was the best UFC there has been to date.

Tito definetaly showed himself to be worthy, To be a legend you have to beat a legend. and he did. Shamrock didnt have a chance his face looked like a dog chewed on it, while titos face wasnt even touched. This instance takes me back to the tyson vs lewis fight, Shamrock and Tyson both one of the greatest in their sport.They leave for 4 or 5 years and come back expecting to capitalize and they both failed miserably. While the other guy lennox and tito trained their ass off because these guys are legend. just show the determiniation and will to strive and win.

maybe Tito won and had the motivation to win because Kens lil brother Frank beat the shit out of Tito and Tito wanted some revenge! Ken shamrock is washed up , and has been for 5 years, he really never was that great as a complete full contact fighter in the UFC he was just Jacked and overpowering in some of his matches, and stamina has always been one of his downfalls... The best fighter with the last name SHAMROCK has never been Ken....

For anyone who wanted to know, Tito's shirt said "I just killed Kenny you bastards!" I think he had a change of heart since he started to put it on and then took it back off at the last second.

As for the fight, Tito really dominated Ken. Ken was supposed to have the superior stand-up and submissions going in but Tito showed why he's the champ by not only negating Ken's offense, but actually out-gunning him in every aspect. It was sad to see Shamrock lose like that but not because I like him... more because I feel bad seeing a pioneer of the sport get man-handled so easily. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Tito fan and I was cheering like crazy for him to kick Ken's ass but afterwards, when Ken admitted to just getting beat up, I felt a pang of sorrow for him and his crew at the Den.

- Judoman

osujudoman said:
For anyone who wanted to know, Tito's shirt said "I just killed Kenny you bastards!"

Ha ha ha, thats why I love Tito, he is not just the best fighter (and yes, he would dominate Pride too) but an entertainer too. The shirt in my avatar say "Guy Metzner's my Bitch".

Top Bottom