Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UFC 40. Tito Ortiz defeats Ken Shamrock.

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Diesel
  • Start date Start date
big moose said:
My favorite fighter is Vanderlai Silva, didn't he fight Ortiz a while back? What was the result. Also do you think Ortiz could handle Pride?

Yes, Tito won through Lay and Pray tactics, didn't do any damage. He wouldnt fare as well in Pride without a cage to pin opponents against.

ripped1979 said:
tito has a strong wrestling background-that would explain his constant double-leg take-downs on Shamrock. has studies some ju-jitsu and does kickboxing as well. cant get any better than that

What double legs? Clinch and trip...

Jack Diesel said:
I am a tito fan, but also a shamrock fan. Shamrock was absolutely jacked up for this fight. I really wish he would have fought back more, or even at all. Shamrocks face looked like silly putty. Tito walked out of there with only a small unnoticeable scratch on his chin.

Robbie lawler kicked some ass too. That was the first fight and it set the night off perfectly. He opened that guys eye up like a bagt of chips. Definitely the best UFC I've seen.

Ken was dazed after the punch that rocked him in the first round, and his head wasnt able to clear after that. Robbie's fight was the third for 4th one, BTW.

B182 said:

He wouldnt fare as well in Pride without a cage to pin opponents against.

yeah, good point. hope to see him soon there then! so some one can bash his grill in! lol. maybe tank abbott will be pissed at him and punch him a good one in UFC, he said "pretty boys dying their hair blonde is pissing him off" in his guest appearance the other night at the PPV. ;)

the urge said:
hey Moose ,I definatly think Tito could handle pride after his display last night( and i hate saying anything good about Tito). I have always thought that Pride was the better tournament, and had higher quality fighters, but I think that's changing. Pride always brought in the best, the legends (Sperry,Ruas, Rickson) from all over the world, but I think it has gone down hill a little recently. The new young guns in the UFC are pretty tough.Somebody mentioned Silvera, I think he is fighting in Pride tommorrow night-check out pridefc.com for the listings

Pride still has the biggest paychecks, so naturally most top guys want to go there. UFC is a very close second.

Jack Diesel said:
Tito is still pretty young for this sport and very much in his prime. Right now I think hes trying to do what mohammed ali did to boxing and bring Money to the sport. All the showboating and disrespect is good for business and I definitely think they should be paid more than boxers.

Very good point.

N2O Guy said:
Tito's arts back ground also includes MUA TAI. Which is what he used mainly in the fight.

Debatable. Most guys cross train boxing and muay thai nowadays.. his stance certainly wasn't muay thai, the one kick he threw that didnt connect was however. While he does train it, I disagree it's what he used mainly in the fight. Classic G&P.

BigD50 said:

You must have not watched the Tito vs. Frank Shamrock fight or follow MMA very much. Tito was winning a very good fight between the two when after an all out exchange Frank ended up in a submission and Tito was gassed out and couldn't fight back and was done. Tito has vastly improved his skills since than and would easily overpower the smaller ghost once know as Frank Shamrock. Who by the way is not really Ken's real brother. Also some people mentioned Tito fighting Chuck Liddel. I'm friend's with a UFC fighter who has fought Liddel and my friend also trains with a another top ranked UFC fighter who has fought for the title. They both told me Tito would beat Liddel.

Granted while fighters may have a more educated opinion, they still can't predict worth a sh!t in this sport; it's too hard. Vanderlei (who had Tito literally running from him) thought Ken would whip tito...

Never seen them mix it up in striking, but ive seen Tito and chuck go at it on the ground, basing my opinion of of chuck's known striking ability and what ive seen, Id have to disagree.

B182 said:

What double legs? Clinch and trip...

His takedowns were drop doubles ( from under hooks ), then switched off to a single to dump him. Although his stance was not classic muay thai, the standing elbows, neck clinch, and standing knees were nothing but. A classic muay thai stance is open and Shamrock has always had success against that stance. I think Tito did his homework and fought a very smart fight.

B182 said:

Granted while fighters may have a more educated opinion, they still can't predict worth a sh!t in this sport; it's too hard. Vanderlei (who had Tito literally running from him) thought Ken would whip tito...

Never seen them mix it up in striking, but ive seen Tito and chuck go at it on the ground, basing my opinion of of chuck's known striking ability and what ive seen, Id have to disagree.

My friend who fought Liddel to a decision and lost to be honest has no where near the skills as Tito does. I'm not saying it couldn't be done because anything can happen in the octagon, but from the fights I have watched of both fighters and from the opinions of the fighters I know Tito would have a better chance of winning.

Top Bottom