Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The sports corner

I don't know how many of you live in NY or listen to the local Yankees games on radio, but it's by far my favorite thing to do during the season. I will turn mute the TV and listen on the radio. We have been lucky the last few years to have some good radio guys. Steiner left for LA this year (SoreArms you asshole!) and was replaced by a woman! Now it's bad enough that she is a woman, but she is also the most annoying woman in sports. Her voice, her lisp, her way of talking - terrible. I am bummed.

KillahBee said:
I don't know how many of you live in NY or listen to the local Yankees games on radio, but it's by far my favorite thing to do during the season. I will turn mute the TV and listen on the radio. We have been lucky the last few years to have some good radio guys. Steiner left for LA this year (SoreArms you asshole!) and was replaced by a woman! Now it's bad enough that she is a woman, but she is also the most annoying woman in sports. Her voice, her lisp, her way of talking - terrible. I am bummed.
Steiner replaced Ross Porter, who was really loved by the fans and was basically dicked by the new Dodgers management, so unfortunately for Steiner, he's going to have to measure up to Porters caliber for us to embrace him.

I have listened to one Spring training game on radio so far. His style doesn't seem to fit in with what we (the L.A. fans) are used to in Dodgers sports casters. He leaves too much dead air in between plays and pitches (He swings and misses..................................Here comes the wind up.........................................the pitch is outside......................................). All the Dodgers announcers fill up dead air with stories and weird, unimportant but witty facts about the players, the teams or whatever, a la Vin Scully. He also can't pronounces "Izturis", he says "Itzdturis", to die hard Dodger fan like me it is very frustrating to hear him pronounce it like that 15-20 times per game. You think he'd have worked on some of these guys names over the offseason. Rick Monday, Stu Nahan, Ross Porter and Vin Scully are cracker ass crackers and they can pronounce the name just fine.

We're stuck with him though, so hopefully he grows into the Dodgers style of broadcasting or we get used to his, or both.

Mr. dB said:
Of course I missed it, but they'll show the repeat tonight. Forgot to set the VCR before I went to work.

Not the most exciting race of all time but quite surprising and promising for this season

Reactions: ceo
hamstershaver said:
tiger wins by one, awesome tourney

Great tournament. Tiger shoots 63-66 on the weekend to blow by him. Phil seemed pretty deflated. He should take some positives out of it though, he didn't fold when Tiger went crazy and eagled 12.

bluepeter said:
Great tournament. Tiger shoots 63-66 on the weekend to blow by him. Phil seemed pretty deflated. He should take some positives out of it though, he didn't fold when Tiger went crazy and eagled 12.

mike and mike (ESPN radio in NY/CT) this morning brought up a great point about how bummed Phil seemed - a year or 2 ago he would have been smiling and saying how happy he was to be in second - very satisfied and content. now it seems like he is so much more confident and motivated to be the best.

KillahBee said:
mike and mike (ESPN radio in NY/CT) this morning brought up a great point about how bummed Phil seemed - a year or 2 ago he would have been smiling and saying how happy he was to be in second - very satisfied and content. now it seems like he is so much more confident and motivated to be the best.

He definitely shouldn't hang his head. In the past, when Woods made an eagle like he did on 12, Phil would have folded like a cheap suit but he came right back.

I loved how Tiger was blowing it by Phil on every hole. Phil was bragging last year about hitting it by Tiger. I think he took that a little personally ;)

He outdrove him on every single hole, sometimes by 30 or 40 yards.

bluepeter said:
He definitely shouldn't hang his head. In the past, when Woods made an eagle like he did on 12, Phil would have folded like a cheap suit but he came right back.

I loved how Tiger was blowing it by Phil on every hole. Phil was bragging last year about hitting it by Tiger. I think he took that a little personally ;)

He outdrove him on every single hole, sometimes by 30 or 40 yards.

did you see Tiger's swing on the hole where he drove the green (I think it was 15 or something, like a 320yard hole). INSANE

Reactions: ceo
Top Bottom