Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So What Do You Think About Romney's Taxes Being Stolen

according to Muslim law, that makes no difference..

and as far as the 10% tithe, it is also commanded by Jesus the Christ to the faithful to give in secret for those that do so in public have recieved their full reward here on earth.. to paraphrase..

Dont bother...its like trying to chase someone through a revolving door. Birthers and muslimers are the very definition of retarded.

and here i thought this forum was a none flame board?? i suppose calling you a biggot is retorical right?? not opinion but fact in your views.. and thus you label yourself..

*bigot

And yes, perhaps I am bigoted against idiots.

Well, if he's a good Mormon he's supposed to give 10% and even a math moron like me can figure out what 10% of XYZ is. His tithing actually "benefits" him anyway since it reduces what he pays the IRS (of course, the IRS has loopholes, heavenly desires don't).

Mitt Romney gives new reason not to release tax returns: Tithing

He's skating a little here, not outright lying, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. It's a clever turn of phrase if you don't really think about it “Our church doesn’t publish how much people have given”. Any 501c3 fully discloses all donations and expenditures to all shareholders and the IRS so saying donations are "a personal thing" is kinda bending the truth. Every board member of the LDS knows how much they collect in tithes annually. It's usually reviewed as a lump sum but particularly juicy donations are usually noted and lauded somehow.

I think the LDS is still a 501c3, there was a movement to get them revoked because they were actively fighting Prop. 8, including making donations and a 501c3 is not permitted to get involved in political movements. Specifically "no substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation."

I seriously need a hobby ...

I know, but most mormons I did loans for didn't tithe on all of their income. If someone made 130K they'd give 10K to the church. If Mitt's taxes showed he was "cheating" his church out of money, he'd look bad to pretty much every religious group. With mormons if you don't tithe, you can't get into the temple and do your religious rituals. They can go to church, just not the temple. Funny biznisss.

Birth certificates and Islam? Can this be real? And here I have been trying to engage in logical and intellectual debate. No wonder it hasn't worked. This crowd is limited. Very.

:FRlol: :FRlol:

according to Muslim law, that makes no difference..
Let's get Alcatraz to weigh in.

and as far as the 10% tithe, it is also commanded by Jesus the Christ to the faithful to give in secret for those that do so in public have recieved their full reward here on earth.. to paraphrase..
Wrong, tithing is not limited to Christianity, my tradition also tithes. However, in the Christian Bible it was mentioned as early as Genesis.

Jesus was talking about tithing under Mosaic law, which is JEWISH, which is what he was. And frankly there are multiple types of tithes under Mosaic law.

And finally it all comes back to a spiritual covenant of compassion. The creator is telling those who have enough to share with those who don't. It's always been about that. It's why the Jews were commanded to leave a portion of their fields unreaped, so the poor could go in at night and pick the leavings. The purpose of tithing isn't to build a big fucking building and buy the pastor a new Cadillac, it's so the organization can sustain itself AND provide for the poor of it's community. It's not WHO you give it to, it's your intention. You can also tithe by taking care of a poor family, by donating to ANY charitable organization. If you can spare 10%, you help the less fortunate out because it's the HUMANE thing to do.

Here, HIS words, not mine:

Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version (NIV)

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
He's not separating people by RELIGION, he's separating them by their ACTIONS. His definition of righteous is not by faith, it's by kindness of heart. He doesn't say "the least of those who pray to God or the least of those who believe in Me," he says "the least of these" his brother humans, regardless of spiritual beliefs.

Every good Christian should 100% support social service programs, because Jesus told you to.

A side effect of knowing how to succeed means accruing large amounts of money. Quite frankly I dont give a damn how much money mitt has and would prefer someone as president who actually has succeeded in the private sector. Ask yourself if you had a corporation, who would you rather run it, Obama or Romney?

well hold on a sec there sunshine...nobody's holding anything against Romney for being wealthy. John Kerry wsa wealthy, so was Gore...obama isn't exactly in the poor house either. What people are irritated about is that Romney decries govt largesse while he may infact have been massively benefiting from it. In essence shaking his finger at everyone else while grazing the pasture himself. Now that's, oh whats the word i'm looking for.......hypocrisy? And hypocrisy is something that can't be let to slide. Of course he's paying near zero in taxes which is why they will never be released.

Hilarious. I hope Julian Assange is the first to pony up the ransom.

Top Bottom