Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So What Do You Think About Romney's Taxes Being Stolen

Mitt probably just doesn't want the church to see that he doesn't pay his full tithing.

This x 100.

Although I bet that there are some (completely legal) tax avoidance strategies employed that would cost him big politically.

SD said:
Why did it take so long for obama to release his BC? what about his academic records?

You dont think that theres a difference between requesting that one president release two pieces of information that have never been required in the past (Bush's grades were stolen and released, if I remember correctly) and asking someone follow the same precedent shared by pretty much any recent Commander in Chief? A precedent, remember, set by Romney's father.

A side effect of knowing how to succeed means accruing large amounts of money. Quite frankly I dont give a damn how much money mitt has and would prefer someone as president who actually has succeeded in the private sector. Ask yourself if you had a corporation, who would you rather run it, Obama or Romney?

Would be an apt comparison if running a country was anything like running a business. Are you upset that the military doesnt turn a profit?

This x 100.

Although I bet that there are some (completely legal) tax avoidance strategies employed that would cost him big politically.

You dont think that theres a difference between requesting that one president release two pieces of information that have never been required in the past (Bush's grades were stolen and released, if I remember correctly) and asking someone follow the same precedent shared by pretty much any recent Commander in Chief? A precedent, remember, set by Romney's father.

Would be an apt comparison if running a country was anything like running a business.

This attitude is why the country is going bankrupt!

Mitt probably just doesn't want the church to see that he doesn't pay his full tithing.
Well, if he's a good Mormon he's supposed to give 10% and even a math moron like me can figure out what 10% of XYZ is. His tithing actually "benefits" him anyway since it reduces what he pays the IRS (of course, the IRS has loopholes, heavenly desires don't).

In an interview with Parade magazine, Mitt Romney offers another reason why he would rather not release his tax returns — Mormon tithing is not supposed to be public.

“Our church doesn’t publish how much people have given,” Romney said, according to the Salt Lake City Tribune. “This is done entirely privately. One of the downsides of releasing one’s financial information is that this is now all public, but we had never intended our contributions to be known. It’s a very personal thing between ourselves and our commitment to our God and to our church.”

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are supposed to give 10 percent of their income to the church every year. In recent years, according to the tax information he’s released Romney has given that and donated much more through his family’s charity.

Mitt Romney gives new reason not to release tax returns: Tithing

He's skating a little here, not outright lying, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. It's a clever turn of phrase if you don't really think about it “Our church doesn’t publish how much people have given”. Any 501c3 fully discloses all donations and expenditures to all shareholders and the IRS so saying donations are "a personal thing" is kinda bending the truth. Every board member of the LDS knows how much they collect in tithes annually. It's usually reviewed as a lump sum but particularly juicy donations are usually noted and lauded somehow.

I think the LDS is still a 501c3, there was a movement to get them revoked because they were actively fighting Prop. 8, including making donations and a 501c3 is not permitted to get involved in political movements. Specifically "no substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation."

I seriously need a hobby ...

This x 100.
Tithing is really a covenant between you and God, not you and the church. The whole 10% thing is the "suggested" amount, really. If you don't pay 10% and you can afford it, it's only God you're not keeping your commitment to.

This attitude is why the country is going bankrupt!

Even if the country was going bankrupt (which it isnt) this wouldnt be the reason.

Tithing is really a covenant between you and God, not you and the church. The whole 10% thing is the "suggested" amount, really. If you don't pay 10% and you can afford it, it's only God you're not keeping your commitment to.

Not for the Mormons. They take that shit seriously.

Well, if he's a good Mormon he's supposed to give 10% and even a math moron like me can figure out what 10% of XYZ is. His tithing actually "benefits" him anyway since it reduces what he pays the IRS (of course, the IRS has loopholes, heavenly desires don't).

Mitt Romney gives new reason not to release tax returns: Tithing

He's skating a little here, not outright lying, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. It's a clever turn of phrase if you don't really think about it “Our church doesn’t publish how much people have given”. Any 501c3 fully discloses all donations and expenditures to all shareholders and the IRS so saying donations are "a personal thing" is kinda bending the truth. Every board member of the LDS knows how much they collect in tithes annually. It's usually reviewed as a lump sum but particularly juicy donations are usually noted and lauded somehow.

I think the LDS is still a 501c3, there was a movement to get them revoked because they were actively fighting Prop. 8, including making donations and a 501c3 is not permitted to get involved in political movements. Specifically "no substantial part of the activities of the Corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation."

I seriously need a hobby ...
and if obama was a good muslim as is his birthright he'd sweep aside christianity in the usa and put muslim beliefs into our laws and the white house..

Hahaha.

Actually, what he really did say is that his tithing is private and personal sentimentally and does not want it to be public record. Tithing is a covenant between a man and God, it is a commitment that is personal and means a lot. He doesn' want that disclosed publicly whether he paid more or less than 10%.

I guarantee you he claimed it as a donation, which is also part of the reason he recieved a tax break, becuase dontaions give you that, and when he is paying millions per year in tihing, he gets that break reflected on his tax %.

I don't want mine publically disclosed, but there's nothing about it that reflects me in a bad way nor do I "have anything to hide". It's just my own personal business, not everyone elses. Given he is so high profile, I don't blame him for wanting to keep that private.

and if obama was a good muslim as is his birthright he'd sweep aside christianity in the usa and put muslim beliefs into our laws and the white house..
For crying out loud, Obama's father was a former Muslim, his mother wasn't involved in ANY religion. Obama was baptized as an adult into the Trinity United Church of Christ. He had exposure to many religious beliefs and studies as a child since his mother was spiritual but not dogmatic.

For crying out loud, Obama's father was a former Muslim, his mother wasn't involved in ANY religion. Obama was baptized as an adult into the Trinity United Church of Christ. He had exposure to many religious beliefs and studies as a child since his mother was spiritual but not dogmatic.

Dont bother...its like trying to chase someone through a revolving door. Birthers and muslimers are the very definition of retarded.

Top Bottom