Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shaq to phoenix is finalized

• Thread starter Thread starter Phaded
  • Start date Start date
PuddleMonkey said:
lol I guess it can be looked at that way... I think I still have the 8x10 photo he signed. I probably have a good 5,000+ autographs sitting in storage.

lol 5,000??? that's like an autograph from everyplayer in baseb, basketb, and football in the last 20 years

borris said:
lol 5,000??? that's like an autograph from everyplayer in baseb, basketb, and football in the last 20 years

Not even close. My brother and I were "autograph hounds" as they use to call us. We hit up every single Mariners game, Seahawks, and Sonics. Not only that, but we'd head to the airport for certain teams, we knew what hotels all the visiting teams stayed in, we went to all the Sonics practices, etc. Steve Scheffler would give us the times and dates for the Sonics practices even though they were suppose to be hush hush. Nate McMillan, Gary Payton, Sam Perkins, and Vincent Askew were always asking us how we knew where and when they were practicing. We never ratted Steve out though, he was our Sonic source. Memorabilia dealers would give us their wish list of who they wanted signed and on what. My brother paid off his truck doing this, I bought a bunch of random shit, there was incredible money in autographs back when we did it. We even bought a camcorder and started recording each player signing team balls and stuff, cause there's no better certificate of authenticity than seeing the player sign that particular items for yourself. Of course we charged a premium for this. Many many memories from my childhood meeting sports figures. Hung out with Ellis Burks (not sure if anyone would remember him now) in his hotel room, Charles Barkley calling me ugly in a elevator because I wouldn't leave him alone, Nation Inquirer guy telling me if I get a pic of Madonna and Barkley together in that hotel that there was $5,000 in it for me (Barkley and Madonna was the rumor back then), David Robinson helping a homeless dude out that wasn't even asking for it, Edgar Martinez recognizing me during batting practice walks over and hands me his bat. I have the ball Randy Johnson warmed up with when he threw his no hitter against Detroit June 2, 1990. Bob Didier was the warmup/bullpin coach, he's the one that handed it to me before the game started. I could go on forever. I'll try to score some pics for you guys, I gotta shower now.

lol@Scheffler having a wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Scheffler

lolx2@Bob Didier having one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Didier

PuddleMonkey said:
Not even close. My brother and I were "autograph hounds" as they use to call us. We hit up every single Mariners game, Seahawks, and Sonics. Not only that, but we'd head to the airport for certain teams, we knew what hotels all the visiting teams stayed in, we went to all the Sonics practices, etc. Steve Scheffler would give us the times and dates for the Sonics practices even though they were suppose to be hush hush. Nate McMillan, Gary Payton, Sam Perkins, and Vincent Askew were always asking us how we knew where and when they were practicing. We never ratted Steve out though, he was our Sonic source. Memorabilia dealers would give us their wish list of who they wanted signed and on what. My brother paid off his truck doing this, I bought a bunch of random shit, there was incredible money in autographs back when we did it. We even bought a camcorder and started recording each player signing team balls and stuff, cause there's no better certificate of authenticity than seeing the player sign that particular items for yourself. Of course we charged a premium for this. Many many memories from my childhood meeting sports figures. Hung out with Ellis Burks (not sure if anyone would remember him now) in his hotel room, Charles Barkley calling me ugly in a elevator because I wouldn't leave him alone, Nation Inquirer guy telling me if I get a pic of Madonna and Barkley together in that hotel that there was $5,000 in it for me (Barkley and Madonna was the rumor back then), David Robinson helping a homeless dude out that wasn't even asking for it, Edgar Martinez recognizing me during batting practice walks over and hands me his bat. I have the ball Randy Johnson warmed up with when he threw his no hitter against Detroit June 2, 1990. Bob Didier was the warmup/bullpin coach, he's the one that handed it to me before the game started. I could go on forever. I'll try to score some pics for you guys, I gotta shower now.

lol@Scheffler having a wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Scheffler

lolx2@Bob Didier having one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Didier

u should sell that shit on Ebay... still callin BS on 5k though

MLB = 750
NBA = 500
NFL = 1600
2850 total players...... give or take 100 new players into the league each year is pretty close to 5k in the last 10 years (taking into fact that you did it for 10 years)

borris said:
u should sell that shit on Ebay... still callin BS on 5k though

MLB = 750
NBA = 500
NFL = 1600
2850 total players......

You're not understanding... you don't just get 1 of each player and call it good. I bet I've got 40+ of some players. I found some pics in a drawer, now I gotta figure out how to take pictures of pictures since I don't have a scanner. I can always take better pics next time I'm in storage.

you went up to the same players 40 times and asked for their autograph??? lol? *stalker alert*

borris said:
lol @ "I'm not a Seattle fan, my teams are Mavs, Saints, Longhorns"

Yeah, cause I'm gonna fly to Texas to get autographs lol

I grew up in Seattle during my "autograph years" (mid 80's to mid 90's)
My brother and I focused more on visiting teams than local. We did local because they were a great seller.

Top Bottom