Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Restarting after layoff

Sasha--YOu can split your 60 minutes into 20 minute bouts but do it all at once, without the weights in between.

On the elliptical, I set the incline at the highest, and work at about intensity level 3-4 with 130 strides per minute.
On the treadmill, I crank up the incline, and do rather slow walking lunges--works my glutes like crazy, but I can't go too fast.

All the interval-lovin' folks will not agree with me, but working too hard is counter-productive to fat loss, at least for me.

I've found that my favorite loud metal tapes made me work at too great an intensity, so I switched to slack-key guitar, and classical musicl in my earphones.

I USED to be able to go 60 mins straight. :( So what I'm thinking is that until I get my wind back up, I'll split. I'll go as much as I can before weights, and make up the difference after. Eventually I should be able to make it to 60 all at once. It's easier if I've got someone to talk to while I'm on the trainer. I forget about time, sweat, etc. So lobo won't have to get on me about this. :) It's really tough on leg day. But it's coming back.

I made it to 40 mins yesterday. Then my workout partner and I did legs. She's one of these women who have been bitching about cellulite, and has only gotten the "firm and tone" dialogue from the trainers at the gym. So 400 # leg presses were never done, but she found out that she could do them, and do sets. I find it amazing the crap advice women get about what we can and can't do.

Good suggestion on the music Keiko. I've been going with gothic/industrial/techno. I guess it's time to break out Stevie Ray Vaughn again. Which classical are you listening to?

Sasha

Top Bottom