Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for the baseball afficionados

hmmmm, could this be it?

(b) No run shall be earned when scored by a runner who reaches first base

1. on a hit or otherwise after his time at bat is prolonged by a muffed foul fly

Any foul ball would not be considered a home run UNLESS the person leaps in foul territory and somehow, the ball goes over the fence in fair territory.

Also, as witnessed in the World Series about 6-8 years back. I bewliueve it was Robin Ventura who hit a walk-off and never rounded all the bases, only touched first. The runners who scored may have not been earned if they reached on an error even though Robin brought them in. As it was a walk-off, only one run needed to score so even if Robin did run the bases, the score would not reflect it.

sawastea said:
Any foul ball would not be considered a home run UNLESS the person leaps in foul territory and somehow, the ball goes over the fence in fair territory.
WTF, I think you're reading that wrong

I thought all homeruns were earned runs, but it turns out they're not

what I think the above rule says that if a hitter reaches base (or hits a homerun) after a fielder drops a foul ball that would have been an out,then the run is unearned.

sawastea said:
Also, as witnessed in the World Series about 6-8 years back. I bewliueve it was Robin Ventura who hit a walk-off and never rounded all the bases, only touched first. The runners who scored may have not been earned if they reached on an error even though Robin brought them in. As it was a walk-off, only one run needed to score so even if Robin did run the bases, the score would not reflect it.
but wait, even if it's a walk off homerun the final score reflects all runs scored from the homerun, not just the run that put the team over as would be the case if it was any other kind of hit.

also

:rainbow: :mexican:

It used to be the rule many years ago that the game ended once the winning run crossed the plate. If you needed 1 to win going into the bottom of the ninth, a HR with a man on or above wouldn't be credited.

SoreArms said:
but wait, even if it's a walk off homerun the final score reflects all runs scored from the homerun, not just the run that put the team over as would be the case if it was any other kind of hit.

also

:rainbow: :mexican:

I agree but remember that Ventura never did score. Let's assume it's 4-4 @ the Bot 9th. SoreArms hits a ball and reaches on an error. Sawastea hits a 673' shot and never rounds the bases BUT touches first. SoreArms scores (unearned)

Top Bottom