Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for the baseball afficionados

sawastea said:
I agree but remember that Ventura never did score. Let's assume it's 4-4 @ the Bot 9th. SoreArms hits a ball and reaches on an error. Sawastea hits a 673' shot and never rounds the bases BUT touches first. SoreArms scores (unearned)
OK, I see, that was a special case because Ventura didn't round the bases, he jsut touched first, the guy on 3rd scored winning the game and Ventura started celebrating and jumping aroun adn never scroed.

My question was for a homerun in which the runner touched all bases.

There's a Dodgers pitcher (Tim Hamulck) that gave up a three run homerun the otehr day but his ERA is stil lat zero. He put the runenrs on too, but I don't rember how (clean hits or errors).

IS there a site where they give you a play by play or recap of past games?

If he came in on relief after the bases were loaded and the previous pitcher already threw one pitch, and then he changed, any run scored with the people on the field will ALL be unearned for the new pitcher and the old pitcher's ERA will sky-rocket.

sawastea said:
If he came in on relief after the bases were loaded and the previous pitcher already threw one pitch, and then he changed, any run scored with the people on the field will ALL be unearned for the new pitcher and the old pitcher's ERA will sky-rocket.
goddamit, pay attention HE PUT THEM ON!!!!!

I was reading the re-cap of the game, but all I could get out of it was that the first guy reached on an error, he was sacrificed to 2nd, another batter walked and then Abreu hit a walk off homer, wish I could get a pitch by pitch recap. Does gameday have a game archive?

fuck baseball is lame

SoreArms said:
but wait, even if it's a walk off homerun the final score reflects all runs scored from the homerun, not just the run that put the team over as would be the case if it was any other kind of hit.

also

:rainbow: :mexican:

They only needed the one run to win. Once that one run is scored... game is over.

WarriorPL said:
They only needed the one run to win. Once that one run is scored... game is over.
shut up and pay attention

gameday re-cap of the inning

--------------------------- MIDDLE 9TH

Pitch 1 - Called Strike
Pitch 2 - Called Strike
Pitch 3 - Ball
Pitch 4 - Ball
Pitch 5 - Foul
Pitch 6 - Foul
Pitch 7 - Foul
Pitch 8 - In play, no out recorded

Alex S. Gonzalez reaches on fielding error by shortstop Rafael Furcal.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Pitch 1 - Ball
Pitch 2 - In play, out(s) recorded

Shane Victorino out on a sacrifice bunt, third baseman Bill Mueller to second baseman Jeff Kent. Alex S. Gonzalez to 2nd.

Pitch 1 - Intent Ball
Pitch 2 - Intent Ball
Pitch 3 - Intent Ball
Pitch 4 - Intent Ball

Tim Hamulack intentionally walks Jimmy Rollins.

Pitch 1 - Ball
Pitch 2 - Foul
Pitch 3 - In play, out(s) recorded

Sal Fasano flies out to center fielder Jason Repko.

Pitch 1 - Called Strike
Pitch 2 - Ball
Pitch 3 - Swinging Strike
Pitch 4 - Ball
Pitch 5 - Ball
Pitch 6 - Foul
Pitch 7 - In play, run-scoring play

Bobby Abreu homers (1) on a fly ball to left field. Alex S. Gonzalez scores. Jimmy Rollins scores.

lets say there were 2 outs and a guy got on base by error which would of ended the inning and the next guy up jacks one out, those runs would be unearned, that happens quite often, im surprised as much baseball as you watch that you didnt know that

hamstershaver said:
lets say there were 2 outs and a guy got on base by error which would of ended the inning and the next guy up jacks one out, those runs would be unearned, that happens quite often, im surprised as much baseball as you watch that you didnt know that
look at the re-cap above and tell me if that qualifies under your statement above

hamstershaver said:

Exactly. any error that prolongs an inning, subsequent runs are unearned.

Top Bottom