Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question for the baseball afficionados

SoreArms said:
look at the re-cap above and tell me if that qualifies under your statement above
i didnt see that when i posted, it must since the 1st batter got on on an error then 2 men got out after him
the homer came with 2 outs

hamstershaver said:
i didnt see that when i posted, it must since the 1st batter got on on an error then 2 men got out after him
the homer came with 2 outs
but wouldn't atleast the intentional walk with less than two outs count as an earned run?

SoreArms said:
but wouldn't atleast the intentional walk with less than two outs count as an earned run?
not since he hit the hr with 2 outs
if he had hit it with one out the hr and the guy he intentionally walked would of counted as earned runs, and the guy that got on by error would of been an unearned run, but once there was 2 outs all runs were unearned

10.18 (b) No run shall be earned when scored by a runner who reaches first base ...(3) because of any fielding error. (c) No run shall be earned when scored by a runner whose life is prolonged by an error, if such runner would have been put out by errorless play. (d) No run shall be earned when the runner's advance is aided by an error, a passed ball, or defensive interference or obstruction, if the scorer judges that the run would not have scored without the aid of such misplay. (e) An error by a pitcher is treated exactly the same as an error by any other fielder in computing earned runs. (f) Whenever a fielding error occurs, the pitcher shall be given the benefit of the doubt in determining to which bases any runners would have advanced had the fielding of the defensive team been errorless. (g) When pitchers are changed during an inning, the relief pitcher shall not be charged with any run (earned or unearned) scored by a runner who was on base at the time he entered the game, nor for runs scored by any runner who reaches base on a fielder's choice which puts out a runner left on base by the preceding pitcher.

anybody who knows this should be beaten about the head and shoulders until such time that death can ascertained.

hamstershaver said:
not since he hit the hr with 2 outs
if he had hit it with one out the hr and the guy he intentionally walked would of counted as earned runs, and the guy that got on by error would of been an unearned run, but once there was 2 outs all runs were unearned
yeah, I thought of this after I posted earlier. Thanks for the help bud.

for earned runs, you re-create the inning as if no error occurred. so if no error would have occurred that inning, then abreau would have never batted, so all runs were earned.

also, for those of you saying on a walkoff homerun that only the winning run counts, that is WRONG, all runs count and the batter is entitled to round the bases for his homerun. this papens often. if its a 5-4 game, bases loaded and he hits a homerun with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th, the final score is 8-5

Top Bottom