Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Public schools at it again

Testosterone boy said:
It would be interesting to say the least.

Survival of the fittest. The rest would be left to die. Quickly.

Sweet - less whiners and handouts...

Testosterone boy said:
The Third Reich would wholeheartedlly concur. :)

Successful people whine the most by the way. Try listening to doctors moan and groan someday.
so would the romans....

if it is family practice and general practice docs you are talking about - they should have worked harder in med school or considered their career more carefully...

if it is a specialty making over 200K a year - they got nothing to complain about....

if it is about things like insurance and malpractice - we have the lawyers to blame for that - but hey why not put one in the whitehouse?

any other reason docs would whine? :)

Testosterone boy said:
It would be interesting to say the least.
Survival of the fittest. The rest would be left to die. Quickly.
I don't know about that. I look at some third world countries where the social net isn't so prevalent. I'm thinking of the Phillipines for example where they will allow you to starve. So, what do the poor to catch up? Why they kidnap and ransom the rich of course!

Mind you, I do understand that government corruption is also quite substantial in the third world so it may not be a fair example of what would happen if we adopted the survivalist of the fittest rule. However, if one group overwhelms another (poor vs rich), I could see one take matters into their own hands. After all, the most dangerous person would be one with nothing to lose.

EnderJE said:
I don't know about that. I look at some third world countries where the social net isn't so prevalent. I'm thinking of the Phillipines for example where they will allow you to starve. So, what do the poor to catch up? Why they kidnap and ransom the rich of course!

Mind you, I do understand that government corruption is also quite substantial in the third world so it may not be a fair example of what would happen if we adopted the survivalist of the fittest rule. However, if one group overwhelms another (poor vs rich), I could see one take matters into their own hands. After all, the most dangerous person would be one with nothing to lose.
Great.....so we devolve into a 3rd world country so that taxes are lowered for the wealthy. Now that is progess.

Imagine Star Trek where it is survival of the fittest.....just like the animal kingdom by the way.

Compassion for others is what makes some people different than animals. Lack of compassion is what makes others animals.

My property taxes tripled this year, and they also had went up 2 yrs ago for a new school. Yes I agree that the school system needs some serious rework, and yes if you can grade a student and flunk them b/c they do badly on a test, then you should also be able to test those teachers. Isnt it the teachers that are teaching the flunking students ? My state now withholds diplomas b/c of students flunking English and Math, I say good.. There is nothing more frightening than thinking of this world in 20 - 30 yrs and thinking about all those kids now in school that cant even give the correct change without a cash register telling them how much to give... I also have a problem paying someone else my money for services not rendered, I am not using those services why would I then have to pay for them ? For the children I say you cant do enough, but those adults that just wish to stay home and live off me well that totally sucks, come on get real, get your ass out and get a job like everyone else has too.

btw: BECOMING that is one sweeeeeeet ride you have in your advatar...

wutangsfiancee said:
My property taxes tripled this year, and they also had went up 2 yrs ago for a new school. Yes I agree that the school system needs some serious rework, and yes if you can grade a student and flunk them b/c they do badly on a test, then you should also be able to test those teachers. Isnt it the teachers that are teaching the flunking students ? My state now withholds diplomas b/c of students flunking English and Math, I say good.. There is nothing more frightening than thinking of this world in 20 - 30 yrs and thinking about all those kids now in school that cant even give the correct change without a cash register telling them how much to give... I also have a problem paying someone else my money for services not rendered, I am not using those services why would I then have to pay for them ? For the children I say you cant do enough, but those adults that just wish to stay home and live off me well that totally sucks, come on get real, get your ass out and get a job like everyone else has too.

btw: BECOMING that is one sweeeeeeet ride you have in your advatar...
The previous generations property taxes likely made your education possible.

Why does this generation have such a problem with paying back what it received?

I have no problem paying taxes, as long as when my kids get out of school they have learned enough to be able to enter college, and only half of the county I live in had their taxes raised to pay for the school, but the schools are there for all to use. My taxes went up from around a couple grand in the beginning to now close to 10 grand a yr. Yet Joe Blow that is still in school and works at the store in town can not give me correct change when the register is down. If they are going to raise my taxes cool, just make sure they are doing it for a good reason and the kids are getting something out of it. That is all I ask.......

Top Bottom