Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Public schools at it again

Georgia is like 45th in average SAT scores.

MattTheSkywalker said:
I don't even have kids, why do I pay school tax?

For the betterment of society. You cannot just pick and chose based on status...for example, I cannot drive, why should I pay for road improvements?

This is what I don't like about your overall position...you feel you owe nothing and that you should be able to do as you please, with no consideration for society as a whole (example-claiming you should be able to own a fleet of hummers). You would have be better suited for life as a feudal lord lol

Dial_tone said:
Georgia is like 45th in average SAT scores.

my bad, mang....DEAD FUCKING LAST.

Gambino said:
For the betterment of society. You cannot just pick and chose based on status...for example, I cannot drive, why should I pay for road improvements?

That's a hell of a good question. Why do you pay for something you don't use? Why aren't roads paid for largely out of revenues collected from car registration fees, tolls, and the like.

Oh nevermind, they are! No tolls, no car, your money won't be spent on roads.

bad example.

I support education. I support good education, offered at a free market price, where the market is allowed to determine the costs, not the school board, and not with the power of law. Law = not free market.

This is what I don't like about your overall position...you feel you owe nothing and that you should be able to do as you please, with no consideration for society as a whole (example-claiming you should be able to own a fleet of hummers). You would have be better suited for life as a feudal lord lol

Here is my position more carefully elucidated:

The role of government is to protect individual rights. Money is needed to do this. I will gladly contribute to efforts which further this preservation of individual rights.

Additional use of tax revenue - for things other than rights preservation - is theft: taking my money against my will. Education is not a right, thus, I should not have to pay for it unless I choose to. Likewise health care, social security, etc.

I don't want to own the people like a feudal lord. Nor do I want my castle ransacked. :)

Where did you ever come upon the idea that someone can ethically TAKE my money to use it for services for themselves, and this was OK?

Last edited:
Someone want to explain once AGAIN to me ... WHY they took away the NATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL EXAM program? Is it so dumb la kids can graduate and get diplomas w/o having to endure tough exam specifications designed for smarter massachusetts kids??

And you wonder why inner-city high school graduates never get accepted into highly esteemed college institutions. Raise that education so it's on par with the BEST and then we'll talk.

Oh and while you're at it. Teach these kids English. Not ebonics or spanglish...but PROPER ENGLISH.

hey, don't be dissin mah peeps, yo? Don't nobody flow gooder than me no kinda way. YA HEARD?

MattTheSkywalker said:
Oh nevermind, they are! No tolls, no car, your money won't be spent on roads.

just for the record no tolls in my state

jerkbox said:
lol......i think matt should start his own country

I would move there.... They probably actually need educated people unlike here...

Top Bottom