Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pet help - Dog with intense unrelenting itching

My dog had a similar situation. She would scratch herself non stop. It never got that bad but she didn't have anything to rub against. Just her nails which are kept short. It turns out it was a food allergy. I did some work for a dog food company and mentioned it. He gave me a hypoallergenic vegetarian food. The protein was made up of potato and other vegetables. No meat at all. Within a few days she was like a whole new dog. No more scratching. It may be a long shot but if moneys an issue, a new bag of dog food will be cheaper than the vet.

Roommate and gf left, so I gently washed the sore, trimmed the fur around it, and applied the benadene. Broke my heart how patient she was with me, even though I know it had to sting a little, she sat perfectly still until I told her it was ok to move. She's such a good pup :(

is the spot warm?

Huh, didn't think to note that. I didn't touch it except to wash it, so I don't know...I'll check once the stuff I put on there is absorbed. If it is warm, I will put my foot down about the vet business.

It looks like a hot spot which can be caused by any number of things. I think it happens a lot in light skinned dogs for some reason. My samoyed/golden cross used to get those, (although they were not itchy).
You're doing the right thing by keeping it clean, but a visit to the vet is in order to determine the cause. Does he brush the dog? Matted hair can cause irritation. So can bug bites. The vet used to shave a patch of hair off of my dogs hot spots so they could heal.

Top Bottom