Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NFL versus Rugby

I play Rugby for my college. We don't have a football team, so on our campus we are the biggest, fastest, and strongest guys. Most of the players are ex-football players, that had never been introduced to Rugby before, and most of us like it just as much as we did football (as I played football all through HS too). It is a different sport though... rugby players should not be as big (and thereby as strong) as football players, but they should be just as fast in sprint speed (though we measure by the 50 meter), and should be MUCH faster in long distance speed and be able to complete more body weight excercise reps.

Forwards (the bigger guys on the field) are usually linebacker size, there is no need for OLine/DLine sized guys on a rugby field.

I'd say Professional Football has better athletes, but not by the margin I bet most people in America would believe, and this is only due to there being more money in football.

It takes a special person to play Rugby though... Football is a tough sport, but no where near the toughness of Rugby. Imagine running at a college linebacker with no pads expecting to make the big hit, welcome to Rugby. I'd say its closer to MMA and Boxing than football in that regard.

Anyone with a brain in their head is gonna say Calvin Johnson is a better athlete than any rugby player who ever lived. If you were to take an NFL offensive line and Adrian Peterson and teach them rugby for a year they'd be the best team in the world. Football players have to be faster, bigger, stronger, and quicker, not to mention ballsier, rugby is a contact football is a collision sport.

My opinion rugby takes more out the body and takes a higher requirement from the body I've played both and being honest with all the padding it takes away alot of the hit power in american, Rugby there's no real type of protection some wear minor padding but nothing the same as American football. Also there's alot of breaks between plays in American, rugby is more fluid so you have less time to recover. we have American football players come to the uk on tour to our rugby club. When I chatted to them about it they also agreed American is soft compared to rugby.
I play a high standard in rugby and get paid to do so I can tell you they push you that hard in training the body probly couldn't take any more lol
I general play the full 80mins every game with no breaks apart from half time I find American gets head doing with the stop start

Top Bottom