Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NFL Running Backs

Former running backs

You cannot compare Corey Dillon to Marshall Fauk, just like they tried to compare Emmitt to Barry back a few years.....Faulk is in a system tailored for his skills with PLENTY of weapons other than himself, ditto E James, even Fred Taylor, Put Corey Dillon with some other weapons and his numbers will be even better....anybody who's played football knows the system can make you or break you....nobody was on Marshall Faulk's jock when he was with the Colts, they practically gave him away.......he was hurt, and his teammates questioned his desire....but look what happened when he got some help......Colts thought E J would be better? that's BS, he will play longer because he is younger by a few years, but better......nah, and you take EJ, or Faulk and put them in Cincy, I bet those numbers take a huge drop......If Barry Sanders had run behind Dallas' line a few years ago, he would have run for 2000 plus yards a few times.........system Naty, it is the system most of the time..........talent will only take you so far.......send Randy Moss to Cincy, his numbers will drop, and if Jerry Rice had been in Dallas, his numbers wouldn't be near what they are now......

yes gymnopoppa, I know that its the Cincy system, but there is nothing anyone can do about it. As long as Dillon plays for the Bengals, he won't be a top 10 back in my book.

You have to give it up for the Denver backs. If TD is healthy he should return to old form. Anderson is for real and he was able to dominate last year after Griese was hurt and they had a shit passing offense. Gary was damn good to. Problem is Gary and TD are nursing knees and I have never seen a player come back worth a shit after major knee work. Edgerin dominates as well. Eddie George is a physical powerhouse but I was not that impressed with him last year.

In terms of the Denver backs, I'd have to say the system has something to do with it. They have 3 late round draft picks in a row all turn into 1,500 yd runners? Granted, TD was a punishing running with great vision, but he had nowhere near th etalent of a Barry Sanders( who does?) or Emmitt or Faulk. I'm interested in seeing what Tomlinson can do as well. Ricky Williams is a consistant pounder who definitely punishes tacklers and has some moves. However, his longest run last year was like 20-30 yards. I prefer guys who can take it the distance every now and then, they put an added threat on a defense...Duce Staley, his career was on the rise until he got hurt last year, let's see how he bounces back. runningbacks tend to have a hard time coming back from knee/foot injuries...

Chicago's backfield will be very interesteing to watch this year.

James Allen - Very underrated. Put up 1,120 with a struggling offense last year. Chicago's plans for a power running game this year should put him above 1,500. Looking good in camp. ''I think there is a difference in James,'' Jauron said. ''He's definitely more confident and he's stronger. To me, he's quicker, maybe a step faster.''

Anthony Thomas - He's a big back with a power running style but has some nice moves. Underrated in the draft because he has such an immpressive Michigan O-line in front of him, some felt it negated his stats. I think he has a big future in the NFL and can become a franchise player in Chicago's scheme.

Skip Hicks - He's a pure runner and can score. Durability is a question but a rotating backfield should remmedy that.

I think Michael Bennett has some potential.

LT should be decent but I'm not big on him.

Deuce McAllister will make some big plays for New Orleans this year, that is of course if the bastard ever signs.

I look for Ricky Williams to have an incredible year. He has some competition with Deuce in town and that should light a fire under his ass.

I think no one is as overrated as Eddie George. Yeah he is good, but good lord not that good. I would take a good 6-7 backs on my team before him, anyday. He's durable and all that, but pure RB skill, hes not that great. He may have the potential and make you think he is, but he isn't. The guy doesn't average many yards per carry. He runs the ball one hundred times a game, thats why he piles up so many yards.

Faulk is very good, but i don't think the best. I think hands down, James is the best. Faulk is the best receiving back perhaps, but doesn't run as well. James is a great runner, and a great catching back, which i think puts him ahead of Faulk. He is as far as i think, the best RUNNING back in the league. He never gives up, keeps his feet moving. Breaks so many tackles.

Another good back people always forget is Curtis Martin. This guy is a great back as well. He doesn't, or hasn't got the amount of carries with the Jets that he did with the Pats, so he hasn't put as big of numbers, but he is a real deal top of the line back.

I just don't see why people rate Faulk higher then James. Yes he is great, and scores lots of TDS, but overall last year. James still has the most yards from scrimmage i believe, and didn't even get mentioned at ALL for MVP. That blows my mind

James is somewhat of a Faulk clone, only Faulk is a little faster and James is a little stronger. Faulk averaged an astounding Barry Sandersesque 5.4 yards a pop last year and the year before and set a touchdown record last year. I'm a big fan of James, I watched him in college and I'm still mindboggled at how good he has turned out. If he keeps his head on straight and stays in a good system, he is destined for a great career.

For some reason.. I feel like Faulk is going to get injured for a major part of this season..

He has been playing thru injuries the past couple of years..

and it is a safer bet to use the #1 in the draft on Edgerrin James.

and Barry Sanders is one of the top 2 backs of all time.. along with Walter Payton! Faulk has a couple more years to play before he is put into the same class as these guys. If Barry were to come back next year.. I would make him a first round pick.

Best RBs 1-10

1 E. James
2 Marshall Faulk
3 Ricky Williams
4 Eddie George
5 Fred Taylor
6 Jamal Lewis
7 Curtis Martin
8 Corey Dillion
9 Duce Staley
10 Stephen Davis

Top Bottom