Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my new training routuine any good???

ashe555

AMSpace Points: 654
Friends: (0)
Leave Comment
ashe555 is on a distinguished road

View Profile

Question my new training routuine any good???
Hey,
I'm 21
85 kg carrying abt 17% BF
diet includes 3500 cal
And recently started a cycle of test-e dosing it at 500 mg/week on my 5th week now so jus put in a routine here don't know if its any good...i would really like ur help to make it better

MON:-Chest 5 sets/triceps 4 sets followed by 15 min of HIIT cardio

Tue:-Back 5 sets/biceps 3 sets/forearms 2 sets and 3 sets of abs

Wed:OFF

Thursday:-Arms 4 sets each(biceps and triceps modified compound sets) Followed by 15 min of HIIT cardio

Friday:-Thighs 4 sets and Hamstring 3 sets followed by 3 sets of abs

Saturday:-Chest 5 sets/tri 4 sets followed by 4 sets abs and 12 min HIIT cardio

Sunday:-OFF

I work a lot on my chest and arms as they are my weak points.
My arms are really stubborn(FRIGGIN hate them)as coming of from an off day and training only them using modified sets does wonders to it.
I cant schedule off days on any other days
I do a lot of walking stopped taking my bike as i walk every were more than 2 hours of walk everyday.
I'M assuming i wont overtrain as i'm using Test-E
Any help would be of great use

By sets i mean exercises..
I do 4 sets for my first 2 exercises mainly compound ones ie:-bench press..
and the next 3 exercises consisting of 3 sets...
My reps are between7-14...
do shoulders too on Thursday abt 2 exercises consisting of 2 sets each...

I don't really like splits like this because I don't really see how you could isolate areas that well without using very low amounts of weight. However it does work for many people for various reasons. For your arms try doing some skull crushers with a DUMBBELL for 8 - 12 reps of 3 sets with like 1 - 2 min rest between and I guarantee you your triceps will grow. I put an inch on my arms in probably less than 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure that's what did it. Also, as long as your putting up more weight week to week on compound lifts any routine will work. It kills me to see people in the gym at least an hour a day 5 days a week for months and go no where.

I seems to say this a lot, but....

Why are you working your arms so much?

The only leg day seems to be Friday, and it is a bit ambiguous when you say thighs and hamstrings - what does that mean?

Please don't take this like I'm a dick, but I'm afraid that this routine would make you look really big and strong from the bottom of your ribs to your neck, but the lower half of you would seem a bit chicken legged.

I know you state that your chest and arms are your weak points - and that can be addressed - but I see a really unbalanced routine.

How about on Tuesday adding deadlifts, and Friday adding squats? You wouldn't need a lot of volume since you wouldn't be replacing anything with them, but adding them on. Maybe 4-6 sets of 5-8 reps each?

B-

Your routine sucks. I counted 15 sets total for arms and seven sets total for legs. It should be the other way around. Unless you want to remain small and weak.

Your routine sucks. I counted 15 sets total for arms and seven sets total for legs. It should be the other way around. Unless you want to remain small and weak.

That's what I wanted to say, but my "sensitivity training" kicked in.

More specifically, I was thinking the term "chicken legged dick."

B-

Compound movements FTW. I am guessing you do not have a ton of mass like a pro or semi pro bodybuilder would, so why take the hard way in gaining the mass?

I don't really like splits like this because I don't really see how you could isolate areas that well without using very low amounts of weight. However it does work for many people for various reasons. For your arms try doing some skull crushers with a DUMBBELL for 8 - 12 reps of 3 sets with like 1 - 2 min rest between and I guarantee you your triceps will grow. I put an inch on my arms in probably less than 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure that's what did it. Also, as long as your putting up more weight week to week on compound lifts any routine will work. It kills me to see people in the gym at least an hour a day 5 days a week for months and go no where.

Hey bro thnx for ur response...tried skull crusher today with dumbells damn it was good i always use to go with a e-z bar.wish i could make gains like tat too...

I seems to say this a lot, but....

Why are you working your arms so much?

The only leg day seems to be Friday, and it is a bit ambiguous when you say thighs and hamstrings - what does that mean?

Please don't take this like I'm a dick, but I'm afraid that this routine would make you look really big and strong from the bottom of your ribs to your neck, but the lower half of you would seem a bit chicken legged.

I know you state that your chest and arms are your weak points - and that can be addressed - but I see a really unbalanced routine.

How about on Tuesday adding deadlifts, and Friday adding squats? You wouldn't need a lot of volume since you wouldn't be replacing anything with them, but adding them on. Maybe 4-6 sets of 5-8 reps each?

B-
Sir first I would like to thank you for taking ur time and replying I have actually read a lot of ur treads before and learned a lot...
Yes I understand I'm working a lot on my upper body and neglecting the lower body.The reason behind it being my legs are actually well developed and massive compared to my upper body which make my upper body look small...So i decided to concentrate on my upper body for a while like say 5 weeks or so to get it in proportion...
Yes sir I already have dead lifts on Tuesday with my back but now i'm considering to stop it for a while as I'm currently going through a lower back pain.
So apart from the proportion do u think this has any other negative impact ie:-over training arms...
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Sir first I would like to thank you for taking ur time and replying I have actually read a lot of ur treads before and learned a lot...
Yes I understand I'm working a lot on my upper body and neglecting the lower body.The reason behind it being my legs are actually well developed and massive compared to my upper body which make my upper body look small...So i decided to concentrate on my upper body for a while like say 5 weeks or so to get it in proportion...
Yes sir I already have dead lifts on Tuesday with my back but now i'm considering to stop it for a while as I'm currently going through a lower back pain.
So apart from the proportion do u think this has any other negative impact ie:-over training arms...
Any help would be greatly appreciated..
You know your overtraining your arms, people have replyed saying your over training your arms, do you really need it to be said again?

Top Bottom