Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Journey into the Smolov Squat program

I asked someone who has done the full routine about any body mass gains - he gained over 90lbs on his squat BTW

Did you gain any bodyweight?
##### Yes I did, I watched my diet to gain as little as possible, but still gained. I lost it anyway, and my squat is the same now. I had to lost bodyweight because of class limit, not because I want to.

That little gain was about 4 Kg, and my brother who isn't competing, so he don't need to worry about class limit gained 7-8 Kg for this 13 weeks. Basicaly, the Party says that base mesocycle delivers 5 Kg (11 Lbs), and intense phase 5-7 Kg (11-16 Lbs).

Another thing, Party says to cut the rest intervals as more as you can in base mesocycle (no more than 3-5 minutes).

------------

he is right - I've gained 3 lbs already after my first week! Lots of squatting + long rest periods = big testosterone spike
But I don't think I'd jump up 20lbs though - but who knows )

Last edited:
Just an update -

Into 2nd week now

Just measured my upper thighs - 27.25inches!!!! That's a gain of 1/2 inch in 6 workouts (2 weeks). Amazing!

I will definitely have more than enough leg size to last my lifetime of training now as far as a base for generating maximal leg power and strength goes
Hips/glutes came in at 41 inches, another 1/2 inch gain. More than enough booty! :)

That should translate to a very large increase in my Squat max I would think. We will see in 2 weeks time :)

anyway update on the Smolov Squat program - just about halfway through the last and final week of the first mesocycle (don't think I'll do the full thing)

I've added 3/4 inch on my legs in 2.5 weeks and some 6-8 lbs in bodyweight and I'm natural!!! Legs went from 26.75 to 27.5 inches, bodyweight went from 192 to 196-199lbs. Most probbaly gained at least 25lbs on my Squat max too!

Legs are too big now for my needs - quads, glutes and hams :)
Added some mass to my torso, but none to my arms as far as. I can tell, slightly leaner as well. Then again I didn't do any arm work apart from the dips and chins

My Smolov is slightly modified however - the first week as per normal, then weeks 2 and 3 used 6x6, 7x5, 8x4, 10x3 for the sets and rep schemes. And only worked 3 times a week.
On Week 1 I used Light bands on the top half only, week 2 Average bands, and this week back to Lights.
I didn't use any bands on week 2's 4th workout, and boy did the bar feel light!

I'm pretty much used to it now, its not that hard after the 2nd week. Mark my words high frequency and high volume is the key to fast mass and strength gains!!!

Oh yeah squatting is anabolic :santa2:

Glad to see u are making good gains...

Do you think i would be able to do a modified version of that program with front squats?

Yeah - I know someone who did this, but he got really sore knees, so I dunno.

It works well with deadlifts.

But I would only do this program if your on a holiday etc - recovery is a big issue - especially the first week

You could just do one workout in place of your leg routine. That will work as well. But the frequency is the reason for the big gains as well.

Last edited:
Sounds like a really solid program...
Do you think that all the squatting added some weight to your deadlift as well?
How did your bench react?

Damn! Those are some good gains for such a short time period...
I wish I had the time to do something like this....
Hrmmm.. my contract expires in 3 weeks... maybe it will be time for me and your good friend Smolov to meet up for a little big volume training... I wonder if my knees can take it...

Sebass67 said:
Sounds like a really solid program...
Do you think that all the squatting added some weight to your deadlift as well?
How did your bench react?

Well I'll be finishing this up in a week's time, then I'll take 5 days off, and then test my Squat Max. I hope to shoot 315+lbs up. My estimated max before the program wast 270 for the full squat.

Then I'll be spending 2 weeks working on my deadlift form and then I'll max up after that - my last PR 3 months ago was 405lbs, I'm confident I can hit at least 455, maybe as high as 500lbs - we will see :)
My hams, glutes, and lowerback are all much bigger and stronger so my deadlift should go up by a bit.
Plus I've been Oly lifting as well throughout this time before the squats, from blocks - working on starting strength power.

Bench - I haven't done them much during this time, I've been doing lots of dips though, so that outta help the bench out. I will see when I return to my normal workouts.

BTW my knees became a lot stronger, the tendons and ligaments around the area have really thickened up. when I touch the patella area it just feels alot more robust.

Nice job, ColJ.

I've had to back off squatting due to my knee injury - so it looks like a couple of months with surgery before I can hit them again.

If you're worried about your arms - PM what you're trying for (bi's, tri's, both) and I'll hit you with a few suggestions that have worked great for me.

Besides of course the obvious - Sust, Dbol, Winny...

Top Bottom