Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Modern Drummer's HALL of FAME!

perkele said:
Modern Drummer mags readers TOP25 Drummers of ALL TIME!

About 20 drummer are jazz/fusion drummers. Ringo is there because of The Beatles, Bonzo because of Zeppelin and Keith Moon because of The Who. Some of the most legendary bands in the world.
[/QUOTE

Dude,JOHN BONHAM was the best drummer ever.
Not JUST because of led zeppelin but because he was fucking phenomenal. He would do 30min srum solo's and have whole stadiums on their feet wanting more.
Fuck your jazz crap. Listen to "achilles last stand" and "Wanton song" and KNOW who the best drummer is bitch.

~HOUNDOG~ said:
perkele said:

About 20 drummer are jazz/fusion drummers. Ringo is there because of The Beatles, Bonzo because of Zeppelin and Keith Moon because of The Who. Some of the most legendary bands in the world.
[/QUOTE

Not JUST because of led zeppelin but because he was fucking phenomenal. He would do 30min srum solo's and have whole stadiums on their feet wanting more.
Fuck your jazz crap. Listen to "achilles last stand" and "Wanton song" and KNOW who the best drummer is bitch.

Dude it's called MODERN drummers hall of fame.He can't hold shit to any drummer these days.Sorry to give you the bad news:( He aint got SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

~HOUNDOG~ said:
perkele said:

[/QUOTE

Bonham, Starr & Moon were all members in the biggest bands in music history, and that's the reason why they were in MD's Hall of Fame. Not because they were the best drummers. Bonham had the groove but there were many guys who did it much better. The best were Porcaro & Purdie.

perkele said:

What has speed to do with good music? Nothing.

Good music is a matter of personal preference...and it takes skill to play at a high level,in this case speed,with any consistency. Most drummers can't do what what he does..

sergio said:

Good music is a matter of personal preference...and it takes skill to play at a high level,in this case speed,with any consistency. Most drummers can't do what what he does..

You said "anybody heard the drummer of Nile?"

NO! Maybe that explains how "good" he is.

You can be a good 100 meter sprinter but that doesn't mean you'll be a good in decathlon. It doesn't even mean you have a great technique as a 100 meter sprinter. You may run fast but you're technique can still be a far from perfect.

He can bang drums in Nile today, tomorrow and the rest of his life and he will never be a good "athlete in decathlon" like drummer greats Gadd, Colauita, Williams etc. Versatility is the key word here and not speed. Even if it was only about speed I'd like to hear him play shuffle groove faster than guys I mentioned. Sorry, Nile is dry.

perkele said:

You said "anybody heard the drummer of Nile?"

NO! Maybe that explains how "good" he is.

You can be a good 100 meter sprinter but that doesn't mean you'll be a good in decathlon. It doesn't even mean you have a great technique as a 100 meter sprinter. You may run fast but you're technique can still be a far from perfect.

He can bang drums in Nile today, tomorrow and the rest of his life and he will never be a good "athlete in decathlon" like drummer greats Gadd, Colauita, Williams etc. Versatility is the key word here and not speed. Even if it was only about speed I'd like to hear him play shuffle groove faster than guys I mentioned. Sorry, Nile is dry.

SHEEESHH !!! You're overanalizing...all I said was the guy is fast, and not all drummers have the aptitude for playing that STYLE, which is what it is...I don't know if he is that versatile playing other styles but he is good at what he does.

Top Bottom