Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Modern Drummer's HALL of FAME!

Dave Suzuki absolutely destroys the kit on the new Vital Remains.

Doc from Vader is good, as are the previously mentioned Herrara and Lombardo. Just listen to Lombardo's work on Testament's "The Gathering". Killer!

Sermon, what band are you in? A site I review for covers some Unique Leader bands.

Diesel646 said:
Dave Suzuki absolutely destroys the kit on the new Vital Remains.

Doc from Vader is good, as are the previously mentioned Herrara and Lombardo. Just listen to Lombardo's work on Testament's "The Gathering". Killer!

Sermon, what band are you in? A site I review for covers some Unique Leader bands.
Deprecated.

btw...doc is fucking disgustinglly good.

sermon_of_mockery said:
nile's drummer is good.He could easily learn to play any of perkele's picks,yet perkele's picks could NOT do the same.

You know that's BS but what can you do. You must defend minority music and musicians cause no one other than fans will.

sermon_of_mockery said:
I think deathmetal would be much more recognized if it wasn't for the vocals.

That's true, but there's also the issue of death metal being so aggressive, in general. Even if there were somewhat clean vocals over the hyperspeed drumming and riffage, a lot of people don't want their music that pissed-off. Testament(quasi-clean vox, fast music, fair example) isn't exactly going platinum anytime soon. Does that make Testament suck? Fuck no, they give me just what I need. As for Perkele, that last statement is weak. "You must defend minority music and musicians cause no one other than fans will." Well of course only the fans will support it, DM isn't for everyone, but most of your arguments seem to insist that death metal drummers are untalented hacks because the average music listener doesn't like it. Linkin Park goes quintuple-platinum, does that make them virtuosos? Jazz-fusion isn't lighting up the charts either, but that doesn't mean it's without merit. There's more to talent than whether or not you enjoy it.

Diesel646 said:

That's true, but there's also the issue of death metal being so aggressive, in general. Even if there were somewhat clean vocals over the hyperspeed drumming and riffage, a lot of people don't want their music that pissed-off. Testament(quasi-clean vox, fast music, fair example) isn't exactly going platinum anytime soon. Does that make Testament suck? Fuck no, they give me just what I need. As for Perkele, that last statement is weak. "You must defend minority music and musicians cause no one other than fans will." Well of course only the fans will support it, DM isn't for everyone, but most of your arguments seem to insist that death metal drummers are untalented hacks because the average music listener doesn't like it. Linkin Park goes quintuple-platinum, does that make them virtuosos? Jazz-fusion isn't lighting up the charts either, but that doesn't mean it's without merit. There's more to talent than whether or not you enjoy it.
*golf clap*

Speed (and rage) is good. Creativity and improvisation sucks. Right?

I've always said that if the drummer is really, REALLY good he will get the recognition no matter what's the music genre they're from.

Danny Carey and Mike Portnoy are one of those rare cases from the heavier side of music.

Top Bottom