Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Millions can't find family doctor (Ah, The Joys of socialized medicine)

manny78 said:
Our country is screwed in many ways. While I had the luxury of being treated fast, I saw some nasty stuff there. People having enemas right in the hall in front of everyone cause they lacked rooms. No they didn't it's just that those who know people get the rooms, the others wait outside and serve as a public clown.

Some folks where I live have waited for months to get a serious exam with a cardiologist. I had one less than an hour after I was rushed at the hospital. I had a certain Dr. Hadjis from the Jew hospital, not everyone as this opportunity. But then you end up with a 11k$ bill. We just throw too much of our income taxes in this crappy system compared with what we get in return.

That sucks, hopefully people are working on those solutions. But the system in america has problems too. Do you really want to spend 2x as much for the same healthcare like we do?

Blah blah blah.

Thing of type X is bad. Therefore type X is bad.

That != sound logic.

You're a schmuck. Therefore right-wingers are schmucks. High-five!

velvett said:
Sorry Poink but Nordi's right.

I have insurance (THANK GOD!) - which is just shy of $500 a month for just myself and I have a hard time finding a doctor. Cut out the ones not covered by the carrier, the ones that don't accept new patients, the ones that are 2-3 hours away leaves me with the local yahoo's that I fear will one day kill me because they lack the motivation to be knowledgeable of lethal prescription drug interactions. (Don't get me started on the local pharmacists.)

:coffee:

Thanks. Luckily im young and in good health so i dont need a doctor but in order to afford a dentist i had to join a discount plan and i have to drive 60 miles to see a dentist. I have the same problem these Canadians have. i consider it a mild inconvenience at best though, and i'd take it over no dentist whatsoever.

manny78 said:
You can get anything you want here as long as you know the right persons or have private insurances. Basically it's about the same as in your country. When I recently got hospitalized, i had all my exams done in less then a week, including two scanners for which the waiting list is around 4-5 months. Once again, it's when you stand on the food chain...

thank you manny. excellent post

nordstrom said:
That sucks, hopefully people are working on those solutions. But the system in america has problems too. Do you really want to spend 2x as much for the same healthcare like we do?

I dont know how much you guys spend every year. I have private insurance and it costs me about 75$ a month on top of my income taxes...

nordstrom said:
Thanks. Luckily im young and in good health but in order to afford a dentist i had to join a discount plan and i have to drive 60 miles to see a dentist.

I hear that.

My dental covers 10% of maybe 1/3 of all procedures - the nearest dentist that accepts dental insurance is 2.5 hours away.

Saving a meek 10% of the bill I might as well save my gas and pay someone that I'm not deathly afraid of to stick sharp instrument into my mouth.

manny78 said:
I dont know how much you guys spend every year. I have private insurance and it costs me about 75$ a month on top of my income taxes...

americans spend 15% of GDP on healthcare, Canadians spend 9%. That means each individual here pays almost 2x as much for healthcare as you guys do. There are several reasons for this.

People put off medical treatments early because they can't afford them. they wait until they are major problems that cost 20x as much

Administrative costs are 25% of our medical budget

We have no price caps on drugs

People with good insurance blow money on unnecessary treatments ($200 plavix tablets instead of 2 cent aspirins)

etc.

It creates a very inefficient system where the wealthy and well off spend money for unnecessary treatments while the poor end up putting off procedures until they are major. Combine that with the fact that we spend 2-10x more on administration and have no price caps and no other country comes close to us in regards to per capita spending for healthcare.

velvett said:
Sorry Poink but Nordi's right.

I have insurance (THANK GOD!) - which is just shy of $500 a month for just myself and I have a hard time finding a doctor. Cut out the ones not covered by the carrier, the ones that don't accept new patients, the ones that are 2-3 hours away leaves me with the local yahoo's that I fear will one day kill me because they lack the motivation to be knowledgeable of lethal prescription drug interactions. (Don't get me started on the local pharmacists.)

:coffee:

this just proves how government fucks everything up when they get involved. the US health care system wasn't anywhere near as fucked until the feds started getting involved.

would you rather have the freedom to choose your own provider based on your needs/wants and save more of your money from your paycheck, or would you rather get taxed into oblivion and have to go to a government run office when you need medical help?

do you want the same clowns we have running the DMV and IRS running our hospitals?

nordstrom said:

i dont want to pay for people to get procedures when my mom pays over 1.5k a month for our healthcare. we're happy with that, and we also dont get some things we woudl in the way of material posessions because of that bill.

im not complaining.

why doesnt anyone ever say anything about how much more public records are in canada. im trying to dig up a link right now.

Top Bottom